Search results

1. S

R86s U2 SFP+ interfaces not showing up

I compared the lspci output on the r86s to the output on the other machine I have with a working CX3 cards. The r86s shows: Capabilities: [9c] MSI-X: Enable- Count=128 Masked- On the working machines it's: MSI-X: Enable+ which seems to point at MSI like sko suggested. I've been looking...
  2. S

I tried looking at the mlx4 source but I’m not sure what to make of this. mlx4_cfg.log_pg_sz_m = 1; mlx4_cfg.log_pg_sz = 0; err = mlx4_MOD_STAT_CFG(dev, &mlx4_cfg); if (err) mlx4_warn(dev, "Failed to override log_pg_sz parameter\n"); /* Attempt to access reserved or unallocaterd...
  3. S

root@:~ # sysctl -a | grep msi hw.ice.rdma_max_msix: 64 hw.sdhci.enable_msi: 1 hw.puc.msi_disable: 0 hw.pci.honor_msi_blacklist: 1 hw.pci.msix_rewrite_table: 0 hw.pci.enable_msix: 1 hw.pci.enable_msi: 1 hw.mfi.msi: 1 hw.malo.pci.msi_disable: 0 hw.ix.enable_msix: 1 hw.bce.msi_enable: 1...
  4. S

I tried again with freebsd 12.4 but I'm getting the same results. Here is the output of those sysctl commands root@:~ # sysctl sys | grep mlx root@:~ # sysctl dev | grep mlx dev.mlx4_core.%parent: The dmesg errors are the same mlx4_core0: Failed to override log_pg_sz parameter and...
  5. S

Yes I’ve put an Ethernet transceiver in one port and a fiber one in the other. Both transceivers work in CX3 cards I have in other machines. Come to think of it those other CX3s work out of the box with Ubuntu. I can see mlx4_core and mlx4_en loaded on them in dmesg without errors as well. I’m...
  6. S

No luck. I loaded mlx4en with kldload mlx4en and then tried sysctl sys.device.mlx4_core0.mlx4_port1=eth but I get an unknown oid error.
  7. S

Thanks for the suggestion, sko. I booted Opnsense since I found several references online of people using it successfully with the R86S but no difference there. I tried loading mlx4_en with `kldload mlx4en` but no cigar. I enabled debugging in mlx4-core and tried loading mlx4-en in ubuntu as...
  8. S

I thought maybe the firmware needed to be updated but best I can tell 2.42.5 should be fine. $ sudo mstflint -d 5:00.0 q Image type: FS2 FW Version: 2.42.5000 FW Release Date: 5.9.2017 Product Version: 02.42.50.00 Rom Info: type=UEFI...
  9. S

Hi, I recently got an R86s U2 but I'm having trouble getting the SPF+ interfaces to work. I can see the three 2.5Gbps interfaces but not the two SFP+ ones. $ ip l | grep -P '^\d' 1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000 2: enp1s0...