Search results

1. M

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I got one of the Oracle branded x520's some time ago also and while i can't remember if i had any problems with the optics i know i followed this post to unlock the card to accept all optics...
  2. M

@Craig Curtin I do remember some problems to get my Mellenox cards to bring the interface up because they would default to IB and not Ethernet. I can see that i did follow @fohdeesha guide here...
  3. M

@Craig Curtin well that seems like to be good news. In regards to your mellanox cards could they be OEM branded and then locked to that OEM's modules.? I faintly remember that mine was branded to someone but it is a few years ago i bought that card, and i know that i flashed it with stock...
  4. M

@Craig Curtin Just did a quick test here in the afternoon with a fresh install of the Dell ESXi. Forgot to test the the ConnectX though but the broadcom port from the intergraded module did work fine. I did not setup any VM's and my management network was on the 2x1G ports on the broadcom...
  5. M

Not a problem at all. I had been thinking about giving ESXi a test again as I had not used it after they removed support for socket 1366 cpu's so I was not able to use a newer version on my old HP DL380 server. After looking at the spare 10G nics i have at home i did see that i had a extra...
  6. M

@Craig Curtin I do have a R720 and the 6450 at home for my homelab but I am using the broadcom 10GB nic module and not a intel nic in it but if you want i can look into testing it with a ESXi image this weekend to see if I have the same problem. I have listed the config I use on my 6450 just...
  7. M

Well extra coffee for me at work tomorrow then. It just reminded me of the problem I had the first time I removed a LAG on my 6450 where only the Primary Port was active and the rest of the ports was disabled.
  8. M

@Craig Curtin not sure if you have checked this as I did try to read trough the posts while i was a work so was only able to skim them. If you go into one of the interfaces that do not work from the cli and do a show interfaces do you then get this line on page 2 almost at the bottom...
  9. M

I don't know that cable, but i know the USB-A version of this cable: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0774JV2QQ/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?pd_rd_i=B0774JV2QQ&pd_rd_w=Exf5F&th=1 works with my 6450.
  10. M

Supermicro x9dai built in raid controller.

Is this the zip that you tried. Because the Intel Raid controller on this motherboard is the Intel Rapid Storage Enterprise controller so you need the enterprise drivers and not the consumer drivers. This should be the correct drivers for the Intel RSTe that should work in Windows 10...
  11. M

Just checked my server and could see it was a Cx-3 i had also and can see i did flash it to Eth only before moving it to my linux server. :D I do remember i had some "fun" days when i just got the card and i tried to get it to work in Windows before i found that it had the dual firmware.
  12. M

I could see that he list the nics he use They are HP Infiniband FDR/Ethernet nics could it be that the Mellanox nics ether did not switch to Ethernet or they are flashed with a non ethernet firmware. I know i had some problems with my connectx-2 that they would not always switch to ethernet. But...
  13. M

HP Gen8 DL380p - rear drive slot ports not recognizing SSDs

I know it is a bit late with the reply, but looked around and i don't think you will get power from HDD connector 13 as when i look at the cable kit for the rear HDD cages this is the name of the kit: Rear drive cage cable kit 687956-001 Mandatory SATA cables Sideband signal cable...
  14. M

Well you know it is better for him to make a video with that title as that will get more clicks, and he can make a part 2 later on that he fixed it. Not defending him but just thinking about the youtube/adsense mindset. And he can thank his fans to send him to this thread.
  15. M

2.5GbE network not running as expected

Do you by any chance still have connection over the gigabit side from the computer, that can access the nas as windows can be tricky if you run multiple lan connections in the same network to make it understand you want some over one connection and some traffic over another connection. So the...