Search results

1. J

best NAS OS

I will try to make a test setup before I make the "production" one.
  2. J

best NAS OS

I'm more like the trail and error type. The thing is more to find a starting point. I have worked with CentOS before for making a Apache based web server in cli. So I'm not totally new to Linux. I also like the open aspects of using full fledge OS instead of the tailored editions. Simply...
  3. J

best NAS OS

That don't sounds promising... I have used windows server for years... But it's just to expensive to keep buying new licenses to keep up the security. Therefore I turn Linux now.
  4. J

best NAS OS

That also open a possibility to run fog (so I can administer the computers in the home) The main use btw is mostly file storage and jellyfin or Plex (not decided yet and are a whole nother can of worms for another day).
  5. J

best NAS OS

That was kinda the back thort for open media vault and CasaOS do to it's (as I understand it) a service with a web interface on top of a Debian (cli only) server. Then there was a bunch more expandability down the road. Also with the xeon chip I'm running made it possible for me to run ECC...
  6. J

best NAS OS

It's more for the easynes of it. I run Home Assistant on a raspberry pi and wanted to integrate some tools between them.
  7. J

best NAS OS

I can try install TrueNAS before I transfer my files and see if I can figure it out.
  8. J

best NAS OS

Hello everyone. I have decided to take my old windows home server 2011 down and replace it with a better NAS. I have decided to base my build on a Lenovo thinkstation S30 system. The thing is now to decide on the OS. I have been looking on open media vault and CasaOS. What OS would be the...