Search results

1. M

Topton Motherboard No SATA drives found

Update: I got the system running; I had to flash my boot SSD with a new TrueNAS OS and that kinda worked...at least my storage pool is detected normally and the System is running; I am happy to have gotten so far with this board... Problems: 1) The BIOS still shows only 3 Sata Ports in total...
  2. M

Topton 'NAS' motherboard.

I have a green motherboard yes; the BIOS seems to be okay (not perfect but it works) Update: My storage pool is detected normally and the System is running; I am happy to have gotten so far with this board... Problems: 1) The BIOS still shows only 3 Sata Ports in total and all of them are...
  3. M

Installing TrueNAS Core fresh on the SSD worked...I almost can't believe it; now it is being detected by the system, yay. I will be back to see if I can get my old config back on and if my zpool is being recognized; so far so good. Thank you so much for you patience and help everybody!
  4. M

I also tested SATA 1, still no luck... I will try to use a new USB stick to get a fresh install on my SSD; maybe that works..
  5. M

I flashed this BIOS to it: https://www.bkipc.com/en/product/BK-NAS-N510X-MB.html It seems like the exact board and I only have two options here anyway. I am quite sure this has to be the correct BIOS for my board ._.
  6. M

This is the exact board that I bought: KingnovyPC NAS Motherboard N5105,4 Port i226/i225 2.5GbE LAN,M.2 NVMe, 6*SATA3.0,2*DDR4, 1*PCIe4.0, Mini ITX Soft Router VPN Openwrt Barebone Micro Appliance DIY https://amzn.eu/d/2775x14 I will check out the other BIOS versions...
  7. M

Thank you for checking! I tried every SATA Port and Port 6 twice; no luck. I will test a brand new drive on port 6 now but that is pretty much my last test...I honestly can't figure this one out even with all your great support...very frustrating.
  8. M

My 3 HDDs are in a RAID-Z1 config from TrueNAS Core (basically RAID 5). My boot drive is a regular SATA SSD so at least this drive should be shown in the BIOS. I don't mind if the other drives don't show.
  9. M

Oh I didn't know the 6 SATA ports are not equal; do we know which one of the ports is the intel one? I tried port 1 and port 6 with no success. I will now try every single port and plug only my boot drive in. Will update this soon. To be continued..
  10. M

I se I have not...until now. I got a link to use these BIOS updates for my board: BKHD NAS N510X MB It's the exact board model so I downloaded this BIOS and flashed it onto my board...no difference...This BIOS and the one that was on my board before seem to be identical; too bad. I still have...
  11. M

Update: I flashed my BIOS using the link above but that unfortunately did absolutely nothing... Seems like the BIOS before and the one I flashed onto it are identical; I thought about flashing the other BIOS (the one for the 2x nvme slot board) onto my board but that is probably a bad idea...
  12. M

You are a lifesaver, thank you! I am confident this is what I am looking for; I have the X version because of my pci-e slot. Also when I pressed default settings in the BIOS, the startup image changed from AMI to the green BK logo. I will try to find a way to flash this BIOS onto my board...I...
  13. M

Exactly...I assume nobody has a link to a support site...
  14. M

Now that you say it, yes I should have paraphrased it better, my bad! I contacted the seller, still waiting to get a response. Is it possible for me to flash the BIOS? I have not seen a way to do that and there doesn't seem to be an official site with documentation and/or BIOS versions to flash...
  15. M

Unfortunately no. The BIOS only lists 3 empty SATA ports even though the board itself has 6 physical ports.
  16. M

Thank you for the quick reply. I am also suspecting a hardware defect; I contacted the seller and hopefully I can get one that works...
  17. M

Hello everyone, I recently bought a Topton Motherboard with the N5105 in it. I used to have an old NAS running TrueNAS Core with 3x HDDs (Data drives) and 1x SSD as a boot drive and I wanted to move it to a more power efficient setup. My issue: I can't figure out why none of my Storage is...
  18. M

Hello everyone, I recently bought a Topton Motherboard with the N5105 in it. I used to have an old NAS running TrueNAS Core with 3x HDDs (Data drives) and 1x SSD as a boot drive. I can't figure out why none of my Storage is being detected in the Topton Motherboard... the weird thing is that the...