Search results

1. P

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

I got an Adaptec ASR-5805 RAID card. It is too long but fractions of an inch. The mini-SAS connector hits up against the heatsink of the second CPU and the card won't fit in. I got this card specifically because I wanted one that support hardware RAID 5, has a battery, and works with VMware...
  2. P

Taming the C6100

I didn't see a clear answer on this. Does anyone know? My C6100 fans have a 5 pin connector, but only four wires: black, red, blue, green. Any ideas what blue and green are?
  3. P

Taming the C6100

Wow, I'm reading up on this more and found discussions about changing the break-out cables. I guess I would never have thought that, since the manual made it look was automatic, but now I understand it's not and how the cables work. I wanted 3 nodes with 4 drives each for RAID 10...
  4. P

Taming the C6100

Hi, this thread has been helpful so far but I'm confused on running less than 4 nodes. The manual shows the drive bay configuration, based on how many nodes are used. I'm only using 3 nodes, which is 1-2-4. The manual says I should get 4 drives each, going horizontally. However, the nodes...