Search results

1. S

Intel N305 with 48GB of ddr5 ram?

Didn't need to do a thing . . . it was a new build, and the only SODIMM I tried. Still works, AFAICT, just fine.
  2. S

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

This was 'normal', for me. I (semi-patiently) waited almost two weeks--with little dialogue--in-between my purchase, and shipping. All came-through well, in the end ;)
  3. S

*cough* It took me over a day to get to success, and that was with all your obvious cookie-crumbles! Quite a feat, Fox :) That being said... I've a NF-F12-5V PWM sitting atop my unit, and it's connected via USB. There is no foreseeable torture on this unit, and my temps are extremely low...
  4. S

Ran into a "Skipping BTF generation [module name] due to unavailability of vmlinux." error. I could not successfully symlink vmlinux, so I just: # cp /sys/kernel/btf/vmlinux /usr/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/ and I could then follow with... Thank 's for doing the hard work, and sharing...
  5. S

https://www.servethehome.com/fanless-intel-n100-firewall-and-virtualization-appliance-review/2/ It's just an h-shaped break-out board (came with the unit) that moves the A+E slot over, and enables another 2280 nvme m.2 (@PCIe3-x1), leaving the main nvme m.2 (@PCIe3-x4) un-blocked.). My...
  6. S

I've run the official memtest before. Not used the Prox one No strange shutdowns. Just getting Prox running without pulling my remaining hair out has been the challenge (hardware takes it fine, but I just don't "get" it, yet (let-alone getting things to a point where I can do backups)). I...
  7. S

Hmm. I am *extremely* new to the Prox Eco (for what that's worth), but if you could give me a rough set of steps-to-recreate, I would be willing (I have the time). I have not seen temps >~42C, but I have a Noctua 12x12 sitting on top. ----CWWK-C; n305; AL-4L-V2; 3TB/48GiB (Crucial...
  8. S

https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/cwwk-topton-nxxx-quad-nic-router.39685/post-396847 I have not tried flipping it to 'On', but the premise seems correct (my Unit, set to 'Off", powers-on only when I press the 'On' switch) ;)
  9. S

As their other: https://cwwk.net/collections/frontpage/products/13th-gen-new-soft-router-2-10g-sfp-4x-intel-i226-v-u300e-i5-1240p-8x-2-5g-lan-2-sata-firewall-appliance-mini-pc-proxmox-server But a little bit weirder! Translation is like cooking . . . a pinch of this and a sprinkle of that :)
  10. S

I'm not entirely convinced that the xhci_pci portage is actually hooked-into the PCIe bridge: [root@n305 ~]# sudo lspci -vv | grep -P "[0-9a-f]{2}:[0-9a-f]{2}\.[0-9a-f]|LnkSta:" 00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Device 4617 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Alder Lake-N...
  11. S

In my case, it only made sense seeing that there is only one RAM slot . . . I took a (personal) bet on the Crucial, and it was accepted by the Unit. USD145 shipped for free to my postal box. As for what one can avail oneself of such memory un-constraints, that is yet to be determined. It's my...
  12. S

EXPIRED 18TB WD Easystore (Easyshucks) $199.99 at BestBuy

Yeah; BB reps hem-haw-refused-skirted-around my "recycle" request a few years ago when the 14's were on sale . . . I still nabbed five of 'em because of their seriously low pricing ;)
  13. S

Here ya go: https://cwwk.net/collections/frontpage/products/12th-gen-intel-firewall-mini-pc-alder-lake-i3-n305-8-core-n200-n100-fanless-soft-router-proxmox-ddr5-4800mhz-4xi226-v-2-5g?variant=44613920555240 Feel free to use the Chat to ask/clarify/specify . . . they are quite responsive ;)
  14. S

yw Since 2.5GbE (theoretical) max throughput is about 312MB/s, a PCIe2 x1 lane (theoretical max of 500MB/s) is entirely sufficient for such a device. It looks like (I believe) that the CW engineers split two of the nine PCIe3 lanes into four PCIe2 lanes, each of which are designated for the...
  15. S

Aye, Man: it never hurts to ask! :) But . . . there's always something new(er)-and-improved just around the corner. As the old proverb goes: "The best time to plant a tree is thirty years ago. The second-best time to plant a tree is today." Go get you some new hardware, and have some fun ;)
  16. S

$ lsusb -tv I have a bog-standard USB3.0 thumb attached to one SS port, and a Vantec NST-205C3-SG (with a 256GB Inland Premium PCIe3 x4 m.2) attached to the other SS port. I am currently booted-into a Void Linux install on one partition of the the Inland/Vantec. btw, I also don't receive...
  17. S

48GB Crucial CT48G56C46S5.M16B1 works just fine in my N305
  18. S

Your guess is as good as mine. I ordered the 305 directly from CWWK (with the expectation that I would receive a 4xUSB2.0 unit), and he/she sent me what I have now.
  19. S

CWWK N305 4x2.5GBit - 4x M.2 Expansion Board - How to enable PCIe bifurcation?

I do not have the 1X x4->4X x1 expansion board, but I did note this setting (see attached) in the bios (AL-4L-V2.0).