Search results

1. G

Quick hardware question

I am building my first truenas. I have always used S2D Hyperconverged setup with my Hyper-v cluster but performance is low and S2D has been unreliable and there are not a lot of great tools or knowledge when things go wrong. I don't want to add a lot of extra hardware to this build but I am...
  2. G

HP h240 showing as raid bus type

I have a few HP H240 HBAs but they seem to show as Raid in Storage spaces so I can not use S2D. they are in HBA mode. Is all hope lost? If so can someone recomend a cheap 12GB sas HBA that works with S2D?
  3. G

SX6036 gateway licence

I finally got a set of sx6036 switches and was under the impression that the ethernet license was free now. apparently not just 40gb to 56gb upgrade if you already have a licence. I see a bunch of posts eluding to the fact that you can just generate one with "Itrace" but non give any sort of...
  4. G

Voltaire 4036E initial setup

Yes. we had the ethernet set to 10 and the InfiniBand set to 1. we worked for weeks with Microsoft support and no one could figure out how or why it was making this decision. 1g netwrok 172.16.50.X/24 40g netwrok 192.168.1.x/24 no connection between them as the 40g is Infiniband with no...
  5. G

They are ancient but they fill my need. I have seen plenty of activity in the past. I am not looking for anything fancy but I am looking to duplicate my current setup with the addition of etherenet as server 2022 has issues with smb and multiple connections. currently, I have 2 IS5030 and...
  6. G

I have 2 4036e switches I am hoping to replace 2 Mellanox InfiniScale IV IS5030 switches for the ethernet gateway functionality. I have the switch back to the default config and a 10g link up but there seems to be no configuration for the eth side. no DHCP options. I can't find the user manual...