Search results

1. H

How to bridge Infiniband and Ethernet utilizing a Homebrew router

https://www.ebay.com/p/15026474734 https://www.ebay.com/itm/225916525745 https://www.ebay.com/itm/225916519901 These switches are 100GB infiniband but do not have gateway capabilities.... The one you listed does but they are VERY VERY expensive. This the reason I want to build my own infiniband...
  2. H

Thank you for the information. I now have a better idea of how to approach this. Hopefully my next post will be one of success. I am going to do some reading on opensm. If I am using a dedicated machine to act at the IB gateway, is there any other software you would recommend? And just to...
  3. H

For me, I was thinking about getting a 100GB IB switch since all my machines have 100GB IB interfaces. The problem I ran into was 1) Cost for these gateway switches that support 100GB and 2) licensing costs - alot of the switches I found required one to purchase (let alone find) a license that...
  4. H

If I were to proceed however, I would only need to forward packets from the IB interface to the ETH interface on the router using netplan routing feature specifying the appropriate interfaces - especially given the fact that the router already has net.ipv4.ip_forward flag enabled, correct...
  5. H

Thank you for your reply. I will be using a fair amount of Samba, so I thought learning about IB would be worthwhile. I guess I have three questions: 1) When you say using ip_forward, is it in the sense that a linux router would forward packets, ie sysctl net.ipv4.ip_forward? and would I...
  6. H

Hello, I have been scouring through the forums but cannot find the answer to several questions for my particular setup. In fact, I am unsure if this is even possible but here goes... I have a home brew router with a Mellanox MCX456A-ECAT NIC (Dual port 100GB can do either ETH or IB) AND a...
  7. H

QSFP28 100G to differents speeds like 40Gb

I have a related question. I have a DELL Mellanox CX416A-CCAT 100GB Dual port Ethernet only NIC in a router. I am trying to connect it to a Dell 8132F switch with dual 40 GB uplink ports. According to Mellanox, the NIC supports 1/10/25/40/50/100 GB speeds. My question is this: Do...
  8. H

LSI Storage Authority and Ubuntu 20.04 problems

I did not have any issue like that. I did not re-install. I just did a hard reboot for another issue, and was then able to log in. Unfortunately the server is in New Orleans which has lost power so I cannot physically go to check on it. When It reboots it should hopefully still be working...
  9. H

I got it. It started working after hard reboot:)
  10. H

I did the 2463 but not the 9000. I will try to reinstall as standalone. I installed the gateway version. Thanks. I will keep you posted. I'm you were able to get program to work.
  11. H

Glad it worked. Did the web interface start up for you? I still cannot get the web interface working despite successful installation
  12. H

Try these things... 1) Create a root account sudo passwd root and then log in to the root account su 2) Make sure you remove all the deb packages (i used a package manager like synaptic package manager) and searched for the packages that the install script was supposed to install. I made...
  13. H

I had the exact same problem. Are you trying to upgrade from a previous version? What helped for me was to manually uninstall all deb packages and delete all directories by following the commands in the uninstall script. Then run the uninstall_DEB script again. Do both as root. I made sure...
  14. H

EU HGST SN200 6.4TB - Like New

I might be interested. Are they AIC or U.2
  15. H

Has anybody tried the SuperMicro 846 passive backplane with SAS 12Gb/s ?

In response to your question about the bpn-sas-846A. per supermicro, this board is compatible with SAS (3gb/s) and SAS2 (6Gb/s). What about SAS3 (12gb/s)? Well I haven't had a chance to to test the speeds but I just bought a SC846 36 bay behemoth from eBay. So I thought... I really want SAS3...