Search results

1. A

Intel CPU accelerator driver?

Hello all I am building a computer using the Intel Xeon Gold 5433N. After I installed Windows 10 Pro as my OS and installed all the drivers I have one item left in the device manager without a driver. I also have access to a Xeon Bronze 3408U and with that CPU installed this mystery device...
  2. A

Looking for someone who loves computer hardware/software (San Diego, CA)

Hello we are a small company in San Diego, CA that build ruggedized computer and servers. We are looking for someone who can help production when something goes wrong. They would also need to configure system images and help stream line the process. The person needs to be very into computer...
  3. A

NVME Raid with Virtualization (ESXI)

If I have a new server with 4, 6, 8 sata drives that is running ESXI I would usually connect them to RAID card and then I could present the OS with one large drive and that would allow me to cut that up in anyway I see fit for the VMs that I will be running. Using RAID 10 or 6 would allow me to...
  4. A

Chromecast on a Corp Network

Hello all, I wanted to find out if anyone is using a Chromecast on a corporate network? Normally we want employee personal phones on the guest network, but that is one of the main sources people want to use. The other source are computers on the Corp network. I wanted to get opinions from...
  5. A

Windows Server Licensing Question

Hello all, I have a server with Qty2 26 core Intel Xeons. I will be running ESXI 6.7 as my hypervisors. I will have 14 VMs running on this with a mix of linux distros, Windows 10 Pro, and exactly 2 Windows Server 2016 Standard. Each of the of the Win Server 2016 VMs will have 8 cores. Can...
  6. A

Intel E5-26XX V3 and V4 chipset

I know that the newest board are socket 2011-3 with C612 chipsets but can you put a V3 or V4 chip in a socket 2011 board with a C602 chipset? Do the V3/V4 chips support DDR3 memory? Thanks
  7. A

Xeon D as a Desktop

I have a programmer friend who is running Windows 7 with a Linux VM on a Core i7 4790. He was telling me that he can't run more then one VM at a time because he runs out of cores/threads during compiling. He was thinking of ways to get more cores to do more things/speed up compiling. What are...