Search results

1. B

Fujitsu Futro S920 Thin Client as opnsense firewall

try a different, multithreading capable, compress util? like pbzip2 or pgzip?
  2. B

Ok, would be interesting to know if the Futro could handle the 2gbps via being the PPPoE Entpoint itself, since PPPoE is not very optimized or offload-able unlike normal ethernet traffic.
  3. B

Nice! and how is CPU utilization? Does the connection use PPPoE btw.?
  4. B

yeah, you're running PCIe Gen 1. You should really try to enable PCIe Gen2 using the FreeDOS/editcmos workflow
  5. B

Can you show me the output of "lspci -vvv" ?
  6. B

I could get around 2Gbit/s NAT-Performance, but using an upstream Fiber Conection can be sth different. Are you also using PPPoE to connect to your ISP? That can create some CPU-Overhead
  7. B

according to the last iperf3 test, it looks like your card is limited to PCIe Gen 1. Theres some how tos in this thread how to setup PCIe Gen2. Basically boot up freedos, update the bios, and then use the editcmos tool to change the correct setting, since that cant be done in bios. Details...
  8. B

Can't reach IPMI from certain area on my network

Hi, following is a rough sketch of my home network: When using my Laptop in the Wifi, i can't reach the IPMI of my KVM Host! It is directly connected to my office room switch, the YuanLey pictured there. And yes, with the Laptop in the wifi, i can reach the VOIP ATA, the Workstation or the...
  9. B

Hasivo S600WP-5GT-2S+

Anyone can give out experiences on VLANs? Heard those cheap chinese switches like to just act like dumb switches until the Firmware booted up completely, unseperating the VLANs etc. Looking for a cheap very smol switch for my home network. Living in a condo where the fiber modem ends up in a...
  10. B

well, try out if its enough and see if the driver overhead isnt too big. you can always update the bios and change the bios setting with the editcmos tool to get PCIe Gen 2. You could also use the 2.5" SSD, just use a 90° angled sata connector to reach the sata port under the heatsink, also...
  11. B

Theres no NVME. The Board has a PCIe x4, Mini PCIe and one mSATA slot. No M.2! Just buy an mSATA SSD, you won't notice the difference for Openwrt/pf/opensense purposes. With an PCIe x4 to NVME adapter, you could install an NVME, but i think thats overkill and a waste of bandwidth for this...
  12. B

i can saturate 2.5GB links, i think people with 10GB Hardware in their futros claimed sth about 3.2GB from port to port.
  13. B

This command enables PCIe2.0 on the FutroS920. Boot into FreeDOS and use the attached editcmos.exe tool. You can verify by looking at the output of sudo lspci -vvv and look at the LnkCap Speeds
  14. B

Make sure to have an up-to-date bios and PCIe2.0 with FreeDOS and editcmos.exe enabled. Also i think OpenWRT runs faster on these machines, since its more lightweight. i get full NAT Performance (2,35gbit/s) with cheap shitty Realtek 8125B Cards on my GX-415GA S920 Router.
  15. B

Since the Futro is generic x86_64 Hardware and the boot-process is like any other standard-pc, the standard OpenWRT Guide For x86_64 hardware is sufficient. https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/installation/openwrt_x86 If you decide to use the EFI image, you need to install an EFI Boot Menu...
  16. B

As stated earlier, it doesn't like certain displays. I've added a 2nd Futro to my collection (since i bought a 2nd one to replace the "fault" first one, but now both turned out to be fine) and i'm using it now as thin client streaming jellyfin from my Server to my TV, since it uses less power...
  17. B

yap, when I've pulled out the i225V, the system seems to behave normally, slid it back it, and it booted up, its running for 1 day now. Still gonna see if the NAT performance is good enough between the two RTL8125B Card, since they share a single PCIe2.0 x1 Link over the MiniPCIe Card. Maybe if...
  18. B

Hi, I've also got a Futro S920 from ebay yesterday. Planning to use it as an Router for the new home with Fiber. Flashed up-to-date Bios and edited the PCIe Link to Gen2. Installed OpenWRT 23.05.2 on it. Was quite happy yesterday because i saw 2.3Gigabit/s NAT Performance (installed a Intel...
  19. B

Linux BNX2X Errors

I never really tried it out in other environments, i literally got the card from the flea-market and with my work-around i don't notice it. i really think that this card is quite old and the chipset isn't sold anymore new in recent years, so the maintenence for the kernel module is low to...
  20. B

Linux BNX2X Errors

I'm just running xubuntu, because it also runs a X11 for home-theater purposes, with the built in kernel module 5.15.0-83, i've also flashed a firmware update with the Dell Update Utility (which was a pain in the ar**), didnt help.