Search results

1. C

P420i and SSDs

Hi, I would share my experience with P420i (w 2GB FBWC) and Samsung PM883 1,9TB: I used this command for testing (i always increased the numjobs, until when i got the max result), always booting from sysrescuecd 6.0.3 ISO: fio --filename=/dev/sdb --direct=1 --sync=1 --rw=write --bs=4k...
  2. C

CEPH: switching from HDD to SSD - HW recommendations

Hi, As i wrote my budget is limited. Offcourse, S3710 or similar intel will be the best. But it price is very high for my budget (~550 EUR), and my goal is to simply replace spinning disk. I don't need (now) high io, current usage not required it. I checked SM883, its the write optimized...
  3. C

Hm, maybe i choosed wron SSD, because 863a no longer available, PM883 is the successor.
  4. C

Hi guys, I would like to replace our current HP G6 (64G RAM, 2x L5640 CPU, TGE nic, PCI NVMe) and HDD (1 TB WD Black) CEPH cluster with a used newer system with SSD. We have 70 OSD, (10 per node), avg IOPS around 2k, peak ~5k, the cluster used for KVM vms. It working very well, but we would...
  5. C

iSCSI storage for store backups

Promise storage had 15 bays, 12 bay will not enough for me. If 12 wil lbe enough, its easy, becase there is a lot of HP server with 12 bay for low cost money.
  6. C

I simply reqeuested and advise about cheap iscsi storage, and instead of that, i received, i need to use (buy) a thousand eurs system with zfs, and they software. You don't know what we store on this backups, why you wrote totally irrelevant things? And i will you will never be our costumers...
  7. C

But i don't care about these features. I want to store only my backups. I not need deduplication, compression high performance or anything. Our main cluster is a CEPH cluster, what can do these things. I simply want to stora somewehere our backups. Thats all. But, keep it on this zfs stuff...
  8. C

I also pay for the OS (Red Hat), so its doesnt matter where i pay. I prefer hw based solutions, because its redundant controller, cheap and basically not need to maintenance (after configured). This solution need to store backups, not a critical system. You can see, promise vtrak stuff was a 10...
  9. C

Ok, so, i don't want normal server with Linux or BSD or Windows based. Its clear?
  10. C

I don't want sw based solution for this porpuse. Simple, cheap storage, to store backup. For everyting else, there are the CEPH cluster.
  11. C

Hi, We have an old Promise Vtrak M500i storage, what going to fail. Now i looking something to replace it. Unfornatelly i not really find an used M500i in EU. I found M310i, but it have only 12 bay, and as i see i can not attach enclusore to it. However, i found some good model, HP MSA2012i...
  12. C

PETASAN HA iSCSI Opensource free solution with CEPH

Proxmox can handle CEPH native, not need to add ceph cluster via iSCSI.
  13. C

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

Hi, I already found S5800-8TF12S switch for this purpose.
  14. C

Core switch recommendations

Hi, We reviewed these fs.com things, and we decided, this will be the winner. S3800-24T4S for normal swithc, and S5800-8TF12S as a core switch (24 port switch connected with 2*10GB link). If we double the switches, we can easily add redundancy to the system.
  15. C

Looking for an M.2 carrier card with PLX (4x M.2 on x16, no RAID)

Hi, Delock Produkte 89835 Delock PCI Express x16 Karte > 4 x intern NVMe M.2 Key M – Bifurcation But your bios/ motherboard need to support this bifurcation thinks.
  16. C

Thanks, its look great, i will check it. Do you using this device?
  17. C

Hi, Im looking a something for core switch (new or used) with these features: 8 SFP+ port enough Dual, hot-swap PSU IPv4 AND IPv6 routing (inter VLAN routing and routing between networks within same vlans, eq beetwen multiple /24 subnet on the same L2 domain) OSPF (both v2 and v3 for ipv4 and...
  18. C

So ,what can be a good alternatives with same parameters (24 TGE ports, redundant PSU, not too high price), but with full IPv6 support?
  19. C

What can be an alternative device if i need ipv6? Edit: I found some IPv6 routing related thinks in the documentation, so is that not true?
  20. C

Everything is going well with IPv4 traffic? How many vlans do you manage?