Search results

1. J

Sun F40/F80 to Seagate WarpDrive firmware (RAID Mode)

You will need to extract that section to use in the download firmware step with lsiutil. I used a hex editor to figure out the offsets and used the following command to extract that region: tail -c +217 NWD-BLP4-800_13.00.08.00.bin | head -c 1028008 > subset.bin This was on the 800GB...
  2. J

When you run "lsiutil -e", it will be option 18.
  3. J

I bought mine for $80 each. These are enterprise drives with power-loss protection and high-write endurance (LSI says typical endurance is >22 petabytes written). The 970 evo is rated for 600TB written. In my case, the drives each had 20-30 TB written, so they were barely used. Enterprise...
  4. J

Thanks for this thread. I converted my 4 F80s over to the WarpDrive firmware successfully.
  5. J

Fusion-io ioDrive II - 1.2TB+ drives , 0.09 or 0.08/GB

I've been looking at one of the VSL release notes and have a question about system memory usage. It says that devices formatted with 4K blocks less than 2TB in size require 300MB + (2.67MB per GB of device size) in the worst case. So for these devices thats a worst case of around 3.5GB. I'm...
  6. J

Fusion-io ioDrive II - 1.2TB+ drives , 0.09 or 0.08/GB

Is it possible to use these in a desktop case? Or will there not be enough airflow for cooling?
  7. J

Highly unstable system (Supermicro X9DRi-LN4F)

What is your DDR3 memory speed? I had a similar issue when I upgraded from 8x4GB to 16x4GB RAM on my X9DAI motherboard with 2xE5-2670. I ended up reading through the errata and noticed this entry: BT181. Core Frequencies at or Below the DRAM DDR Frequency May Result in Unpredictable System...
  8. J

SFP+ Confusion

I don't have anything on hand. Just trying to figure out what I need to order. To be clear, are you saying I should be able to put a Cisco GLC-T in the SFP+ ports on each server, and connect them to RJ45 ethernet on my switch?
  9. J

SFP+ Confusion

We got a couple of servers at work from Natex, without realizing that they were 10Gb SFP+ only. 4U Chenbro Server Quanta QSSC-2ML Dual LGA2011 1u Server with Dual E5-2670 v1 CPU's and 128gb RAM (8x 16gb PC3-10600R) I have this switch with our existing servers...
  10. J

Canadian Deal: Newegg.ca Refurb OCZ Deneva 2 R ssds - $50 200GB, $120 400GB

I just ordered the 200GB model. Refurbished: OCZ D2RSTK251E19-0200 DENEVA 2 R 2.5IN 200GB SATA III - 6.0GBPS EMLC NAND - Certified Refurbished - Newegg.ca Refurbished: OCZ Deneva 2 R Series D2RSTK251E19-0400 2.5" 400GB SATA III eMLC Enterprise Solid State Drive - Newegg.ca
  11. J

Help me find a Power Supply... ATX 2 CPU + 1 4 Pin to mobo ?

The pcie connectors will fit into the 8pin doing this? Looking at the plug shapes, it doesn't look like it should work, but maybe it depends on what the motherboard's eps connector looks like. I was considering repinning two pcie connectors into an eps connector, but this would be easier if I...
  12. J

Anybody use a server board in a workstation?

I'm just planning to stick my case on it's side, lay the motherboard down, and mark the missing holes.
  13. J

I found a X9DAi, so I've ordered everything for my workstation. I ordered a Thermaltake Suppressor F51 case for it. After looking at pictures of both, it looks like there are two holes that definitely aren't on the case. Hopefully that will be all. I'll probably attempt to tap the missing...
  14. J

Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

Almost went ahead and bought everything off eBay, but realized the mobo was SSI-EEB instead of ATX/E-ATX. Hopefully something reasonable pops up soon.
  15. J

I'm actually looking for a 2p board anyways. I'd probably grab a z420 off of eBay if I was going to do a 1p build. Would you be willing to ship to Canada? I saw one on the for sale board here, but it was USA only.
  16. J

T_Minus: Great. The only thing keeping me on the edge is the motherboard pricing, but I may just bite the bullet and grab one.
  17. J

TType85: There aren't heat issues running the two E5-2670s in that case? I'm looking to build a similar setup, but I wasn't sure if it would get too hot.