Search results

1. T

Lenovo M700/M900 BIOS mod to Coffee Lake CPUs

I was finally able to get my ram running at 2400mhz and then later at 2666mhz. The trick is finding the correct ram modules that have an SPD that matches the desired speed. It's tricky because the XMP speeds are all that seem to be advertised nowadays but there is no XMP possible with these...
  2. T

Nvidia card is working, I had to set PEG in the bios, auto wasn't working. Sleep doesn't work, well more accurately there is no display after waking up - no big deal. RAM will only run at 2133mhz, I don't think there is any fixing that. From post #130: Problems when using the spin-pin CPU...
  3. T

I tried flashing the premade modded M900 and my self-modded BIOS was the issue all along. I'm able to boot off the m2 drive that's in a pci-e adapter but no display out of the GPU. When I disconnect the video card and use internal VGA it goes right into windows. USB and LAN appear to be working...
  4. T

I really appreciate all the suggestions. I tried the two pins above, I actually redid all the tape and tested as I added each strip. I think my CPU might be dead, I hope not due to the scratches... I ordered a M920s so I can test this i7 8700. It might be a week or two, will report back. It's...
  5. T

Yes during early attempts I was a bit careless with the CPU, it's ugly but I think just superficial damage. I have been blocking more and more pins to no avail. I ordered some $7 premade stickers off Alibaba. I thought maybe too much glue on the metal tape I am using, also tried soft and hard...
  6. T

My i7 8700 arrived today, I modded the pins with kapton and aluminum tape. Popped the new 8700 into this machine but it won't turn on. I'm not sure if it's the bios, the chip or my tape job: machine is only on for 1/10th of a second, no beeps, just a quick on and off. Any ideas? I'm going to add...
  7. T

Success!! I think. BIOS is modded and flashed back, still waiting on the 8700 to arrive so still rocking the i7 6700 for now. My CH341A seems to be finicky where sometimes it won't write. Unplug from usb, plug it back in without touching the clips at all and it works about 50/50. I was...
  8. T

My CH341A programmer arrived today, the i7 8700 should arrive in a few days. Edited my post : bios chip is between the first two PCI-E slots on M900 SFF motherboard. I was able to read in and dump my 16MB M900 bios, I then downloaded the latest 8MB M910 bios from Lenovo. Overwrote the second...
  9. T

I'm reluctant to sell my m900 and get a m910/m920 because of the custom case I am using. I would be OK snipping the pins off of mobo once an i7 8700 is demonstrated to work - I think a more durable solution than relying on tape. I have the CPU and USB flash tool on the way. Would someone be...
  10. T

Hi first time poster here, I have a M900 sff which came with an i7-6700. I am using a custom chassis, check it out here : Gaming PC Inside a Fender Guitar Amp I really want to get an 8700 or 9700 65w CPU running in this as I need the extra cores to run yuzu. I understand that I first need...