Search results

1. S

Potential Deal: 2 x Dual 2011 nodes @$199, Quanta Openrack

You mean, I couldn't just plug in the keyboard and use it? I would just need the keyboard. Thanks
  2. S

I am not experienced with power supplies, so please help :) If I buy the breakout board adapter and the HP PSU, how would I plug the Quanta power plug (C14?) into the breakout board?
  3. S

@dba, nice write-up. The taller and wider than 1U put a damper on my plans to grab a dozen and co-locate these servers. Even if the data center could accommodate the width, we would still have to pay for 2U rather than 1U.
  4. S

Are these of standard 1U height? Thanks...
  5. S

Would you be able to post a couple of pictures on your setup? It will be good to see what it actually looks like.
  6. S

Thought it was a fair request until I ran into a friendly electrician who thought he could pull a line for me for $50...going through the existing conduit/outlet on the inside of the garage, practically opposite the breakers panel :) Yeah, the E5-2670 should work fine. I have not tested...
  7. S

Cool. Yeah, I had a chat with our data center folks and they did not see anything that say 3-phase required either. Anyhow, their view is that these stuff are cheaply made and expected to fail. There is a reason they are so cheap :) Large operations (super computing centers, etc) using these...
  8. S

Is a 3-phase really required?
  9. S

I am thinking about getting a 220V outlet. Could someone attach a couple of clear pictures of the power cord, esp. the end that plugs into the wall outlet. Thanks
  10. S

Well, you would still have to get the case and the power supplies. 4 CPUs, boards, case, power supply for 199 is good.
  11. S

I sent that guy and another ebay dude to see if they could look into making an adapter. Check with your friends folks. Let's get some info on how to hook these units up to a regular ATX PSU. I am desperate for these units :) I looked at the doc and the adapter would seem to be simple...
  12. S

Would running a step-up transformer 110v to 220v be horribly inefficient?
  13. S

Could you share the adapter that can be used? The link you provided did not look the right adapter. It looked like an audio adapter. Thanks