Search results

1. P

HPE EC200A Xeon D-1518 'hybrid server' on ebay ~$150

strange, I tried a variety of high end drives including several INNODISK 3SE USB drives which still had the issues.
  2. P

Idk, I gave up on USB and the VSAN idea for now. I bought a Silicon Power 250gb nvme which wasn't recognized by ESXi so I sent it back and got a WD sn750 which seems to be working great. Gonna order 3 more of them for the other 3 ec200a's and hopefully end up with a stable ESXi cluster.
  3. P

Has anyone tried getting ipxe to work on these boxes? I was looking into that as an alternative to boot from SAN but it just hangs on initializing devices. It looks like there might be some options to debug the ipxe.efi file, but I haven't gone there yet
  4. P

im with you, it sounds like a BIOS / hardware issue. I am curious about something though, have you tried ESXi 6.7? I was going to try that for the heck of it tonight but I don't want to bother if you've already gone there. I'm really bummed about the ISCSI boot not working, it seems like 95%...
  5. P

these appear to support booting from an iScsi san using ibft which is cool. that would eliminate my USB problem (I have a Synology for my storage). I managed to get it to connect to the iScsi LUN and install ESXi which added an option to boot ESXi from the UEFI menu but that part's not working...
  6. P

Funny, we posted this at about the same time. I'm still trying to work through this on my 2 boxes. One of them came up OK with the Sandisk USB drive, and seems to be stable but I just reinstalled ESXi on another one of the same sandisks on the other box, the install went OK but this one won't...
  7. P

Is anyone else running ESXi7 on these? I installed 7.0u1 with the HPE iso and it seemed OK until I rebooted the systems. They aren't saving the ESXi configuration consistently and I noticed the bootbank gets mounted to /tmp In other news it seems like the internal AHCI controller is detected...
  8. P

Fusion-IO HP IO Accelerator Firmware Question

Thank you. Someone on another forum told me I could run the official Fusion-IO firmware on the HP branded drives, so I bought a few. 2 of them ended up being DOA and the 3rd one was OK but I can confirm that it will not take the 3.2.11 unbranded firmware (from 3.2.8-HP). I ended up returning...
  9. P

Fusion-IO HP IO Accelerator Firmware Question

Hey all, I'm looking to buy a few first gen Fusion-IO IOdrive 320gb (HP Branded IO Accelerator) for my home lab to be used with VMware VSAN. Question - can you run Fusion-IO Firmware on the HP branded cards? HP only supports up to ESXi 5.5 with the drivers/firmware on their website, but...