Search results

1. J

Adding more fan headers to Supermicro CSE-PTJBOD-CB2 power board

I recently acquired a Supermicro CSE-PTJBOD-CB2 power board to power a JBOD but it arrived with only 2 fan headers with perhaps with spots for more (highlighted in picture). How would I go about adding more fan headers? Do I just buy some off eBay and solder them on? Also why would they only...
  2. J

Supermicro X9SPU-F Motherboard (No CPU & RAM) in CSE-847 chassis suddenly turns on/off repeatedly. What could be the issue?

Video: This setup used to boot a few days ago. During that time I had it off and did some cable re-organization with the chassis and power strip. Now trying to boot it again it turns on, beeps, and then turns off immediately after. Note there are 2x PWS-1K28P-SQ PSUs and I have tried with both...
  3. J

[WTB] CSE-PTJBOD-CB3

Also looking for the mounting bracket: MCP-120-84702-0N
  4. J

Doh, my dual M2 NVMe FireCuda drives can't inserted side-by-side due to heatsinks. What are my options?

The dual M.2 slots on the Supermicro H12SSL-i motherboard are right up next to each other. Unfortunately there's not enough clearance for 2x FireCuda NVMe drives to be inserted side-by-side due to the thickness of their heatsinks. I would prefer to keep the heatsinks on. Any suggestions on what...
  5. J

Is a CPU required in motherboard that supports IPMI to control fans?

I recently acquired a Supermicro X9SPU-F motherboard for purposes of powering a JBOD. It supports IPMI and is connected to a Supermicro PWS-1K28P-SQ PSU in a Supermicro CSE-847 chassis. I don't have a CPU or RAM installed. I've connected all the fans to each of the headers but the fans run at...
  6. J

What happened to the global supply of Supermicro CSE-PTJBOD-CB3 boards?

Myself and a few others have been looking everywhere for these to power our JBODs (without having to install a CPU and RAM) but they seem to have disappeared completely from the market. I reached out to Supermicro and they redirected me to their resellers while every reseller I reached out to...
  7. J

New 300TB+ Data Hoarding NAS Build

Hi all! I am looking to migrate away from my existing 60TB NAS of 7 years to a new and intentionally overkill NAS setup. I’ve decided to settle on distributing the build across 2 different chassis, with the server in its own so it can be upgraded in the future on its own and in a 4U size so it...