Search results

1. DouglasteR

How to reformat HDD & SSD to 512B Sector Size

Another brick wall :(
  2. DouglasteR

Much appreciated, will try asap and report back ! Thanks !
  3. DouglasteR

Great ! Which tool is best recommended for this ? Thanks for the effort guys !
  4. DouglasteR

:( thanks for answering
  5. DouglasteR

Great ! @napalm_atx , please, if you have it, can you share this firmware ? It´s for a IBM 4k sector locked SAS SSD ! We believe it is firmware locked and dont really have much of use in it´s actual state. Thanks guys !
  6. DouglasteR

Unfortunately it also didn't work. It simply fails to format :( Is there any hope :( ?
  7. DouglasteR

Err, looks like i need help. I can see them just fine, but can't format or sanitize either (disconsider the Micron, the drives in questions are the IBM ones). Error in sg_format: Error in sg_sanitize: Error while trying to initialize the drive in Windows: The drive as seen by LSi...
  8. DouglasteR

Thanks, will try this weekend on my LSI HBA and report back.
  9. DouglasteR

Hi again folks. Managed to get these drives for a really good price ! Do anyone know if they are formattable to 512b ?
  10. DouglasteR

Just formated 4 more, another 16 disk array finished !
  11. DouglasteR

Engenius ECW230 (Wifi6 4x4 AP) - $125

EXTRA tempting..........
  12. DouglasteR

Just FYI, formatted another 4 drives in my array to 512 without problems. Using Windows Server 2016, sg3_utils-1.46mgw64.zip from The sg3_utils package Sg_scan to see avaliable drives and then: sg_format.exe --format --size=512 PD# Cheers !
  13. DouglasteR

MAYBE there is, but it's really difficulty (it was common on very old drives AFAIK) I sucessfully used a SAS 3008 fury to format mine.
  14. DouglasteR

It's the same 3.84TB SAS SSD that we all know. IF they come formatted in 520B, you will need a compatible HBA and sg_format to convert them.
  15. DouglasteR

Managed to format them in 512B with the HBA. Working just fine in my array, cheers.
  16. DouglasteR

Just bought another 4 for my RAID and......... they are 520B , dammit. :( My LSi 9361-16i does detect them, but as "unsupported" because of the 520B block format: Tried to change it with the SG_format but it only detects my Raid Controller: I also tried to sanitize the drivers, but it...
  17. DouglasteR

Samsung SSD PM1643 3.8TB SAS 12Gb/s MZ-ILT3T8A 2.5" @ $289.98

Just for the record, any chance to get these cables cheaper ? I would need 4 of them and man they're expensive.
  18. DouglasteR

FS: 4x Samsung SSD PM1643 3.84TB SAS 12Gb/s MZ-ILT3T8A

Very resilient drives, i have a bunch running for years without issue.
  19. DouglasteR

Sure, here's the results: Yes, i believe the cable being single path is the culprit. Guess i need a new controller first, because all my ports are populated. Thanks guys.
  20. DouglasteR

Mine is showing like this: Should it have more than one path enable ?