Search results

1. MultiUser

How to Unzip multilevel files recursively.

I put that in the batch file but I get returns of "file not found", Test.bat is definitely in the same file as the .rar files. Not sure what I am doing wrong here. Also, can you give me and example for the parts that need to be filled in like ./dest-dir should that look like "./D:\File\folder\"...
  2. MultiUser

How to Unzip multilevel files recursively.

First off, I hope that lingo is correct. Let me explain what I am trying to do... I have a bunch of .rar files that have several .zip files in them. So its like .RAR that when unzipped is just a file of that name. Then, when I open that folder, I need to unzip (OR move here) the contained zip...
  3. MultiUser

1U, 2x E5 V1/V2, SAS1, 10x SFF - WIWYNN LYRA-M SV315 ~$100 w/free shipping

I turned it off and unplugged / reseated all the RAM. is that what you mean? Come to think of it , the cable ran right next to a Ram Chip so it is possible that it got bumped. How would I recover from that? Unfortunately the manual says that amber colored lights pretty much mean the system is...
  4. MultiUser

Yeah, its fried. End of the Story. Haha The expensive moral of the story, dont unplug cables when a machine is running. Not everything is hot swappable.
  5. MultiUser

It may be worth noting that if I hold the reset button and apply power it goes into some sort of mode. The blue light on the front and back flash very rapidly, still no other signs of life, (besides the fans). But I thought maybe someone would have some insight into what I need to do to get this...
  6. MultiUser

Thanks for the info! I still cannot figure out the error though. Does anyone have any pointers? Anytime I give the machine power, it boots up to a blank screen, fans on full blast, No BIOS, No Nothing. What could I have done by pulling out a sata cable while it was running. Could my...
  7. MultiUser

does anyone know where I can find a manual for this setup? I "unintentionally" unplugged a sata data cable while the machine was on and the machine went nuts. The thing restarted on me and started with some beeps and the fans are on overdrive. I tried a quick reset with the button and it seems...
  8. MultiUser

So I got the C600 dongles in today and Plugged them in on the motherboard. I still am only seeing 5 drives. 0-3 and B0. Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong? I thought I had the solution with the blue C600 keys... but for whatever reason nothing seems to have changed. I should note that...
  9. MultiUser

The Backup Plan - Software - What is yours?

Its like you are speaking a different language to me. You are so above my level Sean Ho... Thanks for your input though.
  10. MultiUser

New amd64 home Server - Best programs/apps?

Googling them now! Thanks!
  11. MultiUser

Exos - 40C drive trip temperature?

Thanks for the info. This will be very useful since I am primarily a Windows user. Thats not to say that I couldnt just spin up a Linux OS or Boot to one of my Linux Thumb Drives... But being able to get the info in Windows is great. Is there a way to edit the parameters, like the person...
  12. MultiUser

Thanks for all the info. This will be very helpful when I buy the ebay drives.
  13. MultiUser

Maybe I didn't make the clearest of posts. But what I mean is this: I have a file on my NAS that has the listed programs and software as a "backup" so I don't have to RE-download each and every piece of software if and when I spin up a new VM or if my computer should crash. Maybe there is a...
  14. MultiUser

Could you elaborate? I dont know ansible, but it sounds like it would be worth checking into.
  15. MultiUser

Latest firmware for HGST Helium drives?

Oh wow... makes sense, just never realized that. Or that it could be upgraded/ changed. Anyone have any advice that is firmware related to buying refurbished EXOS drives on ebay?
  16. MultiUser

So, I like to have a "backup plan" file on my NAS for when I spin up a new VM or bare metal. This gives me a good place to start when I start up a new machine. VLC Handbrake libdvdcss.dll EaseUS Partition Manager GParted Putty Advanced IP Scanner NordVPN Qbittorrent PowerToys Aomei Partition...
  17. MultiUser

New amd64 home Server - Best programs/apps?

Sounds like you have a ways to go to get everything you would want up and running. I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but I have a list of software I keep in a file for new builds. This gives me a good place to start when I start up a new machine. VLC GParted Qbittorrent Aomei...
  18. MultiUser

How did you get all this information? I am about to buy some drives off eBay and I would love to know how to figure out the firmware and make sure nothing is suspicious or weird. Please let me know what software or script you used to get all this info on your drives. Thanks in advance.
  19. MultiUser

I dont want to be a copy-cat, but I plan on doing a video on my experience with the sv315 as well. HomeLabZero if anyone cares to look into it or subscribe. It would be much appreciated. I even bought the domain name homelabzero.com.(it is still being set up though)
  20. MultiUser

Looking for Super Micro RSC-R1UFF-E16R

I believe this might be the item you are in search of. "Welcome to NextWarehouse.com" Hope this helps. Let me know if this is what you need.