Search results

1. C

Threadripper Pro Memory Bandwidth Specifications?

I am not sure that the difference is only due to the DDR4 memory speed. The way I read the article below is that the memory bandwidth differences are due to the number and layouts of the CPU chiplets (CCDs). https://www.servethehome.com/amd-epyc-7002-rome-cpus-with-half-memory-bandwidth/
  2. C

Threadripper Pro Memory Bandwidth Specifications?

Are there any official specifications from AMD of the memory bandwidth of the Threadripper Pro processors? Lenovo has released their P620 Thinkstations which features these processors. I can't find any official specifications for the memory bandwidth from AMD or Lenovo. The only information I...
  3. C

X299 Motherboard Recommendation for i9-10900X?

I looking at building a workstation based on an i9-10900X processor for some simulation code that needs both high single threaded CPU performance and memory bandwidth with at least 8 cores. Does anyone have any motherboard recommendations for the i9-10900X? Fast memory might help with the...
  4. C

Living on Borrowed Time, Need Help with Storage Server Options

I have been living on borrowed time for years and really need to come up with a backup system and centralized NAS. Currently, I have over 40 hard drives, both PATA and SATA, stuck in static bags in my closet. I would really appreciate it if you could help me out with some of my questions and...