Search results

1. S

EXPIRED Seagate Exos X20 ST20000NM007D 20TB 7200 RPM - NEW (BF Deal) $240 with coupon

Looks like they are honoring their 15% cashback. The drives have 4/5 years of warranty (exp. Dec 2027). I expect that by calling SeaGate and sending the purchase information one can bump it up to 5 years. Too bad that the cashback is down to 4%. At 15% this was a very good deal.
  2. S

EXPIRED Seagate Exos X20 ST20000NM007D 20TB 7200 RPM - NEW (BF Deal) $240 with coupon

Very useful pointer, and thanks for the pointer to Microsoft Cash Back.
  3. S

Memory configuration for Dell R940

Alex, thanks for the reply, this is very helpful! Do you have some resources / links to where you obtained this information? This is what I find a little impossible to find. In my previous lab, we built an R930, and it turned out that 2 ranks per channel was optimal, but putting 1 or 3 ranks...
  4. S

Memory configuration for Dell R940

Hi folks, I'm trying to spec out a refurbished build of a Dell R940 to use in a high-bandwidth setting (my first build!). We run lots of irregular algorithms that are hungry for bandwidth, so the goal is to populate the 4x6 channels with 2 DIMM slots each for a total of 48 slots with the...