Search results

1. E

USA Chelsio T6 100Gbe Ethernet NIC

I didn't push mine very hard and used a 80mm fan along with generous case airflow. Even then it was idling around 50C, not much headroom for cooling. I went back to a Mellanox CX6-LX because I wanted a card that could wake from sleep reliably.
  2. E

Keep in mind these have a max temp of 55C and need lots of airflow. Windows drivers seem good to go; Only Linux distro driver they support is Red Hat Enterprise. Otherwise you'll need to compile your own but the make file seems to cover up through 6.1 kernel. I'm not a makefile guru and I...
  3. E

Ruckus R650 vs TP-Link EAP660 HD?

Just a note on the cheap switch port 1 POE: On my Hasivo managed switch and R730 I had to change the POE PSE from auto or bt to "manual" and put in arbitrarily high wattage amount. Even though the R730 self-reported around 12W draw the Hasivo kept dropping the port randomly. Once I set it to...
  4. E

Netgear Insight Needs to Change

I have a couple WAX610 AP. I blocked them from going on to the WAN. Another thing that ticks me off: I can download their SNMP MIB file for the WAX610 proprietary extensions, but they've disabled all support for those OID from the units. There's no way to see what connected stations are, their...
  5. E

U.2 to quad M.2 carrier (2.5 inch form factor)?

I used one of these PCIe 3 x16 cards for 4 NVME U.2 drives. Cooling was an issue as was the card length. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09NCFQ6SX
  6. E

Supermicro Epyc motherboards - list of graphics cards that work - I need help to make a list

Mine works fine on Ubuntu Linux 23.04. Post, UEFI/bios and desktop.
  7. E

Received Connectx-4 Lx stuck in livefish mode. Any ideas?

I bought a CX5 card off ebay last year, same problem. After fussing with it for an hour, I returned it.
  8. E

ienRon 22 Port 2.5G Managed Layer 3 Network Switch, 16 x 2.5 Gigabit Base-T Ports, 6 x 10 Gigabit SFP Switch, Ethernet Switch, Smart Switch, Flexible

My guess is they got lazy with the copy/paste ad copy and didn't catch it... ESL.
  9. E

ienRon 22 Port 2.5G Managed Layer 3 Network Switch, 16 x 2.5 Gigabit Base-T Ports, 6 x 10 Gigabit SFP Switch, Ethernet Switch, Smart Switch, Flexible

Does it really have POE? From the Amazon description: Layer 3 Managed PoE Switch- Our managed layer 3 Multi-Gigabit PoE switch supports static routing protocol, can meet the cross-layer 3 networking, Layer 2 network isolation, Layer 3 network interoperability, to achieve efficient and fast...
  10. E

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Anyone have a STL for 3D printing rack ears for the ICX7150-C12P? Update: Printing some up now. If they work I'll post the file.
  11. E

ARISTA DCS-7050SX-64 R going for US$125.00 | EBay

I have an earlier model, the 7050S. With a fan swap, at rest with no transceivers, 75W to 80W at the wall. It's a fantastic switch, just make sure you can find a firmware update for it... check the hash code on the Arista web site.
  12. E

Introduction to the HP t740 Thin client - the little box that could but better

Mine was pulling 20W at idle with linux and a ConnectX-3 10G connection. For comparison my i5-12400 with a ConnectX-4 at 25G was around 30W. With the built-in 1G it was 17W.
  13. E

Can I mix ConnectX-3 Pro IB and ConnectX-6 ethernet on same linux host?

Like the title says, I have an existing Linux server with a 25G ConnectX-6 LX (ethernet only) and I want to add a ConnectX-3 Pro for 40/56G Infiniband for point-to-point connection with another machine with the same CX-3 Pro setup. I got the CX3 cards for cheap to familiarize myself with IB...
  14. E

Desperate search for Arista EOS firmware

Hi, looking for EOS 4.18.XX for a Arista DCS-7050S-64-R. Currently on 4.9. Would someone point me in the right direction?
  15. E

Did you order and receive any brackets?
  16. E

Supermicro h11dsi + amd epyc 7542 no video output

I'm assuming you tried the actual printed password from the motherboard? Mine was hard to find since it was underneath my M.2 stick. Check if there's a password reset jumper on the mobo, then use the password from the sticker. Not the mac address!
  17. E

The user manual should list them, if available. Not all motherboards have them. I just saw on the SuperMicro web site this board must be version 2.X to support 7002 series CPUs. Is your board revision 2+? Do you see any link lights when you connect the IPMI lan to your network?
  18. E

Replace the CMOS battery, reset the CMOS. JPG1 is the VGA jumper? If you plug in the ethernet jack for the IPMI does it get a DHCP lease or use a default IP address? Since it's used double check all the jumpers and put them back to factory default positions. If there's any voltage test points...
  19. E

Can anyone confirm these units aren't locked to Chelsio transceivers?
  20. E

Hasivo S600WP-5GT-2S+

Correct. I haven't tried with an unshielded cable. Theoretically it would work.