Search results

1. A

Linux GPU module/driver juggling for VM/non-VM usage

imho - Makes more sense to have here than in a thread only slightly related. Here you go @parkeston In a single GPU system this will allow you to rip the GPU out from the linux console and attach it to a VM and reverse that. #!/bin/bash set -x video_down () { # unbind VT consoles for...
  2. A

Opinions? X10SDV-TP8F as storage server/NAS

I want to break out storage into its own system to make my life easier. I'm struggling to find a solution that ticks all my boxes. Basically I want a mobo/cpu combo to site in a case I already have, possibly even using the RAM I have. 4+ RAM slots (I have ECC ddr4-2400 32GB sticks) 2+ PCIe...
  3. A

[found] WTB 2x 3070 or better

Looking for 2 3070 gpus at $280/ea. I like the noise level of Gigabytes 3 fan solution. Would also consider more performance at the same value. I live in CT. Thanks
  4. A

DIYable 8-16 slot 3.5" passive backplane w/ cage (into a 4u case)?

I have a 4u case with zero drive bays that satisfied its intended purpose, then plans changed. Now I need a 3.5" cage and passive backplane, at least 8 but not more than 16 disks. Preferably w/ SAS interconnects so cabling isn't crazy. Anyone know of a good target to hunt on ebay?
  5. A

Determine cable type? forward or reverse breakout SFF-8087 / 4x SATA

Is there any way to figure out which way a breakout cable works by looking or using a multi-meter? Is it safe to plug it in the way I hope it works and see what happens? I have 2 SFF-8087 host -> 4x SATA target cables, and 1 unknown. I'm in need of a 4x SATA -> SFF8087 backplane cable and...
  6. A

Gone

Decided to go a different route after picking this cooler up. Pick it up in the New Haven area for my cost $58.50 before I return it to Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-Freezer-4U-M-AMD-400-2300/dp/B09VDM2P92/
  7. A

SOLVED: CW56-58 initial deployment woes (Ryzen 7 5825U / 4x i226v)

I bought the unit from CWWK via Amazon for the cheapest price I'd seen - $338 and I've had it in hand for a few days. I ran through the (confusing) BIOS settings and settled on what I thought were reasonable settings. Had to turn on SR-IOV, set the 3 different power recovery options to the...