Search results

1. C

Looking for feedback on what models of "older" Dell PowerEdge servers people use powered Tesla GPUs in

I have been making some custom GPU power cables to use in 12th and 13th gen Dell servers for a bit now. I am trying to dial in a final design though. I am curious to see what models of servers people are running powered NVIDIA Tesla cards in. From experience most of the people I have worked with...
  2. C

I'm bad at SSDs specs trying to decide between Intel 1.92TB S4500 and D3-S4510

So I need a bunch of SSDs to build out a new server. It will basically be an overpowered NAS that I may occasionally use for server stuff too. I will be running a R730xd with the H730 and either RAID 6 or RAID 50 with the drives in groups of 8. I'd say on average I do 50GB of writes a day. Not...
  3. C

So I got a bunch of old laptops and was wondering if I could do something cool with them. Build a cluster?

So I'm not super hip about clusters, but I know people build Pi clusters and tiny mini micro projects. I thought it would be fun to learn how to build a render farm for video editing, but sounds like it doesn't work the way I thought it did. I didn't know if anyone had some suggestions on what I...
  4. C

Got some money to burn and was thinking about replacing my Poweredge R720

So I have a R720 that is basically a glorified NAS that I also occasionally edit videos on. Was thinking about upgrading to something faster for a variety of reasons. None of which are good. ;) Specs of my current system: Dual E5-2670 v2 2.5GHz 10 core 256GB DDR3 X520 networking 2x Tesla M40...