Search results

1. M

FS - The Great Purge August 2015 Edition!

Bought a couple items off @Chuntzu He's an excellent seller. Somebody needs to buy the rest of his stuff, or I might have to (but then my wife will kill me)
  2. M

Building infrastructure from zero.

Is that a Neat Patch I spy in the rack shot? I love those things. I'd be interested to hear more of what you think of that sealed rack system.
  3. M

Office Chair

I'm going to offer some odd advice here. I subscribe to the idea that if you're going to use it for more than an hour a day, everyday, then you should sped every conceivable $$ on whatever it is. However, budgets and reality don't play nice with that. Like most above I have had significant...
  4. M

DIY Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance?

I hadn't thought of that, do you know if Nexenta licenses transferable? (ie if I get my hands on a used XC box do I have to purchase licenses still?) We use these bad daddies at work: Compellent SC8000 Controller - Data Center SAN As much as people knock on SANs the tooling in those has...
  5. M

O.o Wow! This got more attention than I was expecting! As I suspected looks like Solaris Storage Appliance is a "product" (Boo!) @Patrick I'll definitely do a write up if/when I get my hands on some Oracle gear (will probably be early next year) Even if it's a train wreck it'll be...
  6. M

Heya folks, Potentially crazy question here. Is it possible to build/implement Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance using only freely (free as in beer, not necessarily free as in speech, but would be a bonus) available packages? (Linky to Oracles sales site about ZFS/SA: ZFS Storage Appliance -...