Search results

1. L

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

Continue reporting on some tests (see my previous posts: first, second, third) Finally I took my chance on the 4xNVMe PCB the nice guys from CWWK at AliExpress have put in my box for free. I made a bootable CF-card with the Ventoy tool and put there BIOS for the PCB. I went smothly without any...
  2. L

Continue reporting on some tests (see my previous posts: first, second) Seems like the performance issues I have had were due to me stupidly forgot to align the partition and didn't pay attention to ashift while creating ZFS pools. With that corrected I also did some optimisation in regard of...
  3. L

There is some room for that, but adding a heatsink makes it impossible to install internal fan if you use both native NVMe slot and H-type PCB, which comes with the device (see my previous posts here). I chose the very thin, ca. 3mm copper heatsink and lack about 1-2 mm for the slimmest internal...
  4. L

I think you are right, that's why I'm quite puzzled by the test outcomes. The SSDs claim the speed of SeqRead 2500 MB/s and SeqWrite 2100 MB/s. Haven't explored the issue yet, just set up the OSes and ran the tests. Probably this weekend will dig into that.
  5. L

Have no idea what a proper name for the connector should be, I have one in the arrived package from CWWK store on Ali. Maybe Wikipedia has an article about connector types for fans (it has for storrage drive like SATA etc.). You probably need a L-shape connector judging by the picture you shared.
  6. L

It seems like tor some reason the forum limiting the number of attached files. Here the screenshots for testing With the same default BIOS settings I tested both NVMe slots: native (on MB, x4) and on H-type PCB (x1). This test performed on the open upended box with the ambient t=25C in Windows...
  7. L

Here is my second post (the first one) with the test outcomes. I installed the second NVMe (the same 1TB Apacer PP3480 AP1TPP3480-R) and attached to each cooper "slabs". On Ubuntu with default BIOS (factory optimized) PL1=20000, PL2=0 I finally get good performance test results: CPU Mark...
  8. L

Not yet, alas, but eager to test. Lack of spare time and a great fear not be able to roll back to the "standard"BIOS keeps me out of it for now. I hope very much to do this in a couple of weeks whlie awaiting the new OPNsense release based on FreeBSD 13.2 to finally strating setup the rig and...
  9. L

That I would take as a sign of hardware problem, meaning something is really not right with the memory management and, since you replaced the RAM module, more probable it's MB. If you re-flush BIOS and reset CMOS, then that would be it (what esle it would be?) The experienced engineers in the...
  10. L

I would also suggest Prime95 stress-test for Windows and watch for the workers' messages. Normally, there is no error if the hardware is ok.
  11. L

I also confirm that my Crucial CT32G48C40S5 32 GB DDR5, 4800 MHz, timings: 40-39-39 successfully passes 2 runs in a row of memtest86+ (and some more, but I didn't let them finish), as I reported two pages back
  12. L

Perhaps a dumb question but did you re-paste the CPU and check for a gap between CPU/MB and the cooper heatsink that attached to the case? If the MB overheating there are so many possible weird thing could happen, even a burning, eventually.
  13. L

Did anyone flush the BIOS from the link abdullah has mentioned? I would like to try the 4xNVMe board that came with ordered box, but that involves flushing special version of BIOS. In case the PCB doesn't work or doesn't meet the expectations I would very much prefer to roll back to the basics...
  14. L

The first search result Memtest86 Failing Test 8 where guys are troubleshooting the similar error. See the path they went and try to replicate to narrow down the issue. I'm not an engineer, but seems like you excluded the RAM module fault (statistically speaking), so the most probable cause is...
  15. L

The closest thing to this is this thread. You could compile one from the listed SKUs here and make a post, for instance, then there would be one :) My guess is that manufacturer doesn't test much of RAM modules and SSDs to begin with, that's probably why Topton recommend to use etsablished...
  16. L

As I understand, memtests are designed to reveal the issues with RAM. The pages on Aliexpress for similar diveices (at least the Topton ones) warn than not all RAM and SSD are compatible with such motherboards. That's the reason people here share the exact SKU numbers for SO-DIMMs and SSDs. I...
  17. L

Thanks for heads up, haven't thought about that. I'm moving my VPS installation and have never bothered myself with such an issue. Usually, all services have been performing without any hiccups during building-time. I'll try to nice it or something similar. Thanks once again! So, you are...
  18. L

Finally my N305 box (no RAM no SSD) has arrived from CWWK on Aliexpress. The box came with DAJING power adapter and pre-installed H-board that transforms M.2 WiFi slot into a 2280 NVMe and a couple of additional boards the nice guys threw in since I asked the questions in this regard, but they...
  19. L

That is the use case I intend to implement, without SATA, just 2 x NVMe drives. CWWK store has reported that they have trouble with testing a PCB-adapter that provides 4 x NVMe slots like this I asked them if it works with a WiFi module along and awaited their answer for a couple of weeks...
  20. L

I asked about the same question CWWK store: I thought about adding a WiFi module as well, but dropped the idea, eventually, in favor of a dedicated WiFi AP (in a OpenWRT router acting as a switch). YMMV, though. The rationale for bare metal FreeBSD / OPNsense (which I intend to install): There...