Search results

1. F

Gigabyte mz32-ar0 rev 3. graphics cards wont show up

tearing my hair out here. I've got both a 5700xt and a 7900xtx that wont show up. I've tried every slot it will fit in, and also the others with a pcie riser card and none of them get either card to show up in lspci. I've plugged and unplugged all the power cables dozens of times. I've tried...
  2. F

anyone ever convert an sxm heatsink into one for epyc?

Call me crazy, but I'm looking to quiet the server down. I printed out a template to know where to drill
  3. F

Epyc capacitor values

Anyone know what values the caps are on the bottom of the Epyc cpu packages? I bought a few duds off ebay with the hopes of repairing them. My meter however is not sensitive enough to read a value on the cap array which makes me think it must be in the PicoFarad range.
  4. F

Liebert hd788 on facebook. Did I do alrgiht?

How'd I do? A little dented on the outside. looks great on the inside. 1mm taller and it wouldn't have made it in my apartment.
  5. F

MZ32-AR0 rev 3.0 and 20tb wd red pro drives which sas cable?

I have a MZ32-AR0 rev 3.0 board and 6 wd 20tb drives coming in. my case is a 2U 12 Bay Server Chassis CSE-826A-R920LPB IPASS backplane https://www.gigabyte.com/Enterprise/Server-Motherboard/MZ32-AR0-rev-30#Overview https://www.supermicro.com/en/products/chassis/2u/826/sc826ba-r920lpb the...
  6. F

How to tell broken Epyc vs Locked Epyc?

Hey i'm buying a sketchy cpu on the cheap. wondering how to tell a broken one from a locked one. Is there a debug code that a locked cpu will always stop on? Thanks
  7. F

Epyc Motherboards with at least one OAM connector

I'm looking to get my first real big server, and I'd like to leave myself the ability to add in an OAM down the line as I think that market is about to explode with all the AI stuff going on. Does anyone have an idea of which motherboards support that, that are available to buy today?