Search results

1. S

ESXi - PCI device not map correctly for using as passthrough on Z490 chipset

Did you try : https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/esxi-7-0u3-odd-passthrough-behavior.34491/post-317769 I've stopped using VMware and moved on to Proxmox, but might still be of use. Can't help you further on this, but might be worth trying.
  2. S

STH forum update?

Dark mode! D**n, never occured to me to check the preferences for that!
  3. S

Proxmox, ConnectX-3 QSFP+ to SFP+

The NICs are dual port, so it could be an option to run the second port on 40G in a card to card configuration. I already have a QSFP+ cable, so it might be useful for VM migrations. Will have a look at it. Thanks for the insights.
  4. S

Proxmox, ConnectX-3 QSFP+ to SFP+

My goal: I'm currently in the process of migrating from VMware to Proxmox. Bought two almost new SFF boxes (Lenovo ThinkCentre M70S SFF) for my new base infra and want to connect them to my QNAP QSW-M1208-8C at 10GBit through SFP+. Research done: Next to some searching on the internet I was...
  5. S

Troubleshooting GPU passthrough ESXi 6.5

No luck then. Only thing I can think of is going to ESXi 6.7. But you have to see what works for you. I'm out of options to help you any further.
  6. S

Yeah, 6.7u3 works for me the best also. And indeed, reserve memory. The svga.present param is something I had mixed experiences with in the past. Sometimes worked, sometimes not. The steps I described are the ones I follow when setting up a new Win VM. hypervisor.cpuid.v0 shouldn't be needed now...
  7. S

iGPU may interfere, don't have experience with those. PCI-E lanes should not be the issue, then only things would perform slower. I currently use Nvidia drivers 512.77 for my gaming VM, so most probably your are good with 512.15. You did try the steps I mentioned for a new VM, and following the...
  8. S

Try to avoid, it might interfere. The VMware remote desktop feature is just a bonus and not suitable for GPU work. Don't know what your use case is, but if it's a Win10 VM for some GPU work, connect a monitor to it. As for what you stated "With svga.present=true, enabling/disabling the gpu...
  9. S

Did you use the remote desktop feature in the web console in VCSA/ESXi web interface? You might want to stay away from that one after you passed the GPU.
  10. S

Did you try this: - Setting this on the VM: svga.present = FALSE - Or this on the Hypervisor in Configure - System - Advanced System Settings: VMkernel.Boot.disableACSCheck = true - Try switching PCI-E slots if you put the GPU in the first one closest to the CPU. You might have to redo the...
  11. S

EU Epyc 7551

Payed the same price for mine same time around last year. Probably same Ebay seller NablaSquaredG is referring to.
  12. S

VMWare ESXI - Ubuntu Server 20.04.03 with RTX3070 - GPU Passthrough broken

Have you tried this, in this specific order: 1) Install Ubuntu VM with all updates (and openssh-server just in case) 2) Shutdown VM 3) Set advanced configuration parameters: 3a) hypervisor.cpuid.v0 to FALSE 3b) svga.present to FALSE 4) Attach GPU and Audio Controller to VM 5) Boot up VM 6) Check...
  13. S

ESXi 7.0u3 Odd Passthrough Behavior

Have you tried passing through the USB controller where the device is attached to? That's the way I connect USB devices to VM's.
  14. S

ASRock Rack ROME8D-2T no post "00" with naples 7551p

And if you want to have the fan controls in the BMC web UI, ask ASRockRack for BMC Firmware Version 1.10.01 . They are not present in 1.10.00 . Edit: removed stuff
  15. S

USB 3.0 (and other Cards) -> ESXi?

You already asked before :) https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/working-usb-3-0-cards-with-an-esxi-server.27541/#post-266002
  16. S

ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T Review an ATX AMD EPYC Platform

Don't know if it has been mentioned here somewhere, but reached out to ASRockRack for missing fan settings in the BMC on the ROMED8-2T and got BMC firmware version P1.10.01. Now I have fan settings. BMC firmware is not listed on the download page of the motherboard (P1.10.00 is latest...
  17. S

ESXI 6.7 passthrough GeForce GT 1030 to Ubuntu

You can verify on your MilkyWay@Home profile page. Look for Tasks and click on View. There you can track the status of the jobs. Btw: you can also use this command: boinccmd --project <project URL> nomorework And let BOINC crunch through all the tasks until everything in the queue is completed...
  18. S

No problem, took me many years to get GPU passthrough working for me. For ESXi, I use both, but use 6.7u3 (latest update) the most. Haven't played that much with GPU passthrough on ESXi 7.0 (u2) that much yet. Just stick with 7.0, you can always revert to 6.7. Can't give yo a clear answer on...
  19. S

This looks good. Under processes something is running. If you check the log for BOINC messages (/var/log/syslog or /var/log/boinc.log) you will see the GPU is detected and used. I do think you have to figure the OpenGL thing out. Can't help you with that. Just check if some of the workunits (2...
  20. S

Usually an update should do the trick: boinccmd --project <project URL> update There might still be CPU tasks running and cached, since they are not cancelled automatically. You can also try to detach and re-attach again to reset. The config file is in...