Search results

1. L

WAP upgrade advice

My current setup is that I have a generic N100 box running pfSense plus, with dual WAN. I have the pfSense box linked to my 2.5gb managed switch via LACP. My Proxmox nodes, NAS devices, and assorted other devices (alarm, ham radio stuff) all hang off of the managed switch. I currently have a...
  2. L

Smoothwall refugee

OK, I have a very similar set up. What I do is I have 2 pfsense ethernet interfaces active. Eth0 is the WAN input and Eth1 is the LAN output to the switch. All of my VLANs are on Eth1 as eth1.01, eth1.02, eth1.03 and so on, where the 01, 02, 03 are the VLAN numbers. Each VLAN has a DHCP server...
  3. L

Openmediavault vs Terrmaster OS

I have a Terramaster F2-423 that I received for Christmas. I am using it exclusively to back up VMs and LXC containers from my 3 Proxmox nodes. I have it backing up via RSYNC to a separate OMV instance. I don't use very many of the TOS features like remote access and I don't have any ports open...
  4. L

HP Z640 Headless Boot??

I have an HP Z640 workstation that I have pressed into service as a proxmox host. I am not doing GPU pass through and would love to be able to run this without the included Nvidia Quadro card that it came with, just to lower the idle power draw and free up a PCIe slot. Unfortunately, the bios...
  5. L

Proxmox with non-ECC memory. ZFS? BTRFS? EXT4?

I am going to be setting up another Proxmox node on a TMM (HP Elitedesk 805 G6 with a Ryzen processor). I assume there is no option to use ECC memory. I have a few questions: 1. Is there a better TMM option that does use ECC memory? 2. Without ECC memory and I better off going with ZFS or some...