Search results

1. A

I am looking for a iscsi to sata solution.

For years i been thinking and searching for a solution that brings a iscsi to a sata connection. Why: I hate to use single disk like connecting a external disk to something like a xbox or Wii U. Wen it dies you lose everything and i hate that. Also buying small disks are expensive and upgrading...
  2. A

Move array from a Intel SRCSATAWB to a LSI 8708elp. Possible?

Wow, it almost a year wen I started this journey. In the mean wile a lot have happend that made me put this project a side. Got married, had to help 2 of my family's move and a became a daddy, so I was a little bit busy :D. But I have a update, I finally got my old server down and put...
  3. A

Thank, I thought it was that but better save than sorry. I imported the foreign configuration from the disks but i have 3 disks that gives unconfigurable good and i can't turn them online from the webbios. I need atleast 2 disk online before the array could work. It is a raid6 8 drives with 1...
  4. A

I received my LSI 8708elp and connected all the drives but I run at a point that I need some assistance. As I look at it, if I hit F it is trying to load the old array from the memory of the raid adapter from previous user My only choice is to go in the configuration with C. But the text...
  5. A

I see. Well FreeNAS is also booting on ZFS and mirror is also supported (dont know about FreeBSD, but I beleave that can also do mirror). I have 3 32GB Sandisk cruzer fit running in 3 way mirror. ;)It has also snapshot support. If you like to know this is my setup at the moment: Mainboard...
  6. A

Well that where more or less my reasons to, for step over to ZFS and FreeNAS. In the way you written that ZFS vs Hardware Raid, I thought you like Hardware Raid more than ZFS ;) About your downside, I really dont mind that I have to change all disk for store expansion. The way the limitations...
  7. A

It is off-topic but I would love to hear your ideas about ZFS vs Hardware RAID. No need for a flame war if it is a fare discussion. That would be awesome, but no I don't know anyone with this kind of hardware. Not many home users use this kind of stuff :p
  8. A

I am not concerned, I copied all disks (byte to byte) with R-Studio to my new FreeNas Server 11x4TB RaidZ3. So I have 8 2TB files that are protected by ZFS :P I also tried to recover with my data with R-Studio but one of my partitions is a GPT spanned DLM made with two raid volumes on the same...
  9. A

Ok, sound good. Can you tell me how sure you are about this, you tried it your self? Can anyone else confirm this?
  10. A

My Intel RAID Controller SRCSATAWB broke sometime ago and because of that I cant access my Raid 6 Array. I like to replace the card with the same "Intel SRCSATAWB" but they are bit hard to find for a reasonable price. My question is, can i move my array to a LSI megaraid sas 8708elp? They look...