Search results

1. S

IBM M1115 Flashed OK can't boot OS from it

Not sure how that relates to the non taped issues. And of course this card untaped boots perfectly in the dell SFF 745! Just not in the Gigabyte P45 and ASUS NSEII. I also have an older Gigabyte G41 based board that I might try it on. The Gigabyte EP45C-DS3R is an absolutely stonking board in...
  2. S

With or without pins blocked it will not get past the Boot room loaded successfully message in the Gigabyte P45 and ASUS NSEII boards. Removing the sas rom allows the card and machine to boot (external boot device not on the card) perfectly and see all the attached drives in Linux using the...
  3. S

Update on this. I took the sun card (9211-8i) out of the Dell CS24 an put the flashed IBM M1115 in and it worked perfectly without any configuration and booted a connected boot drive fine. All drive showed up as 6 Gb/s and the adapter as a SAS2008 fusion board. The sun card works perfectly in...
  4. S

Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes, tried disabling everything not needed. Reset cmos etc. Some interesting findings. After flashing the card it can be booted without the tape on 5+6! Not sure why. On a dell SFF 745 (a test machine). Boots perfectly without any conifg (expected behaviour as in...
  5. S

I wanted to flag a potential issue with the IBM M1115. I have an IBM M1115 that I cross flashed to LSI 9211-8i IT mode. I could not get the board to boot on 3 different machines until taping the 5+6 pins. I then cross flashed it to a LSI 9211-8i IT mode. I wanted to use it to boot from on a...