Search results

1. E

ATX power supply instead of sfx

Alright, thanks! I’ll get a new one then :) //E
  2. E

ATX power supply instead of sfx

Hi, I’m trying to migrate my server from Fractal Node 804 to a Silverstone CS381 but try to keep most of my other hardware. I have an Corsair ATX RM750 (Corsair article number: CP-9020179-EU). The measurement for that power supply 16 x 15 x 8,5 (WxDxH) (approx. 5,9x6,2x3,3 inches). I’m trying...
  3. E

I3-6230 in Asus Prime H310I R2.0

Hi! does anyone know if the Intel i3-6320 (sockey 1151) works in Asus H310I-r2.0? It’s noton the official list but you never know... /E
  4. E

Transplanting new motherboard into HP Microserver gen8

I’ll try again. I haven’t scrapped it yet ;) Thanks!
  5. E

Thanks. I’ll scrap the device and start over. Thanks!
  6. E

Hi! Not sure if this is the right forum, but please move if that is not the case. I have a HP MicroServer Gen8 which I would like to use as off site backup from my main Unraid box. I’m having trouble with getting the box to boot from usb and sd card is not an option for unraid. I’ve tried...
  7. E

Whitey's Build Thread

Awesome! Very jealous
  8. E

File storage solution v2

Thanks for all your replies! Will probably order in a few weeks
  9. E

File storage solution v2

I have trouble finding enterprise gear here in Sweden, at least without the server sounding like a jet engine. But maybe I should move the stuff inside to a different chassi? I'm thinking a rack mounted case, depending what the user kroems has to offer here :)
  10. E

File storage solution v2

Hi! I'm back with, hopefully, a more thought through build... Build’s Name: TBD Operating System/ Storage Platform: Windows Server 2012 R2 CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K / 3.5GHz Motherboard: ASUS Z97-A S-1150 ATX Chassis: Hopefully a Case RM 400/10 v5 with 3x5 hot swap bays Drives: WD Red 3TB x a...
  11. E

Server 2012 r2 license question

Hi! I got a license from a friend, installed it on a vmware on my mac and it activated just fine. Then I repurposed my media pc to play with windows server but the license key won't activate on the new computer, even after I uninatalled it on my vm. Anyone got any clues what to do? Thanks!
  12. E

RNDP6000-100NAS

I don't have that model, but I used to have a ReadyNAS Ultra 2 and currently own a ReadyNAS RN104. Never using Netgear again. A month away from a Synology DS1815+ with two expansion chassis instead or building my own box. If you can go in a different way I recommend Synology. Easier, better...
  13. E

WTB: 4U chassi with 10+ 3,5" hotswap capability + rails. Shipping to Sweden...

I live in sweden and is on the lookout for a new chassi ;) Which chassi do you have now?
  14. E

Archive NAS

I think I should start my project all over with that power consumption... As Arnold would say, I'll be Bach :) thanks!
  15. E

Archive NAS

Hi! I'm thinking of abandoning Synology as my home storage NAS. I have a ReadyNAS which is the worst NAS I've ever owned... I'm going to use my Synology as a off site backup using rsync and place it at work (if regulations allow it or at a friends house). I've been able to pick up two Intel...
  16. E

Motherboard supporting thunderbolt

Sorry, if this is the wrong forum, please move or lock my thread
  17. E

Motherboard supporting thunderbolt

Hi! Long time lurker. Amazing forum and I think I'm gonna need a raise at work to since I want all your systems... I'm thinking about building my own fileserver, a 24 hot-swap chassi from like Xcase, but the thing is that I live in a mac household. Therefore, I've been looking at thunderbolt...
  18. E

what isp do you use for home labs

Haha good I don't have a dorm admin ;) it's like a condo I guess rather than a rental :P I'd like my job to pay for most of my stuff but they're too cheap. A raise would be nice too...