Search results

1. K

NetApp drive fails to read/write

When i tested a load of these the write speed was 45mb for some reason. but they did test
  2. K

RAID Controllers and 520-Byte Sectors/T-10 DIF Protection

yes netapp call it "data protection" but generally its called "protection information" PI. i think generally its optional.
  3. K

What is the condition of used HGST HUH721010ALE601 10 TB Helium drives sold on eBay?

They probably use hard disk sentinal for the drive health and just wipe the disk. And prefer to sale in bulk and if a couple fail, just refund.
  4. K

SAS disks vs. SATA connectors. How does it work?

i had 70 to unlock, its just when it came to testing them 8 at a time some dropped off, thought it may have been the top layer of pins causing an issue. but i think some are just faulty.
  5. K

U.2 is PCIe. https://www.amphenol-cs.com/product-series/sas-pci-express.html i have been having issues with drive dropping offline or not coming ready and wondered if it was to do with the connector.
  6. K

one thing im curious on is the sas ssd's that also have the u.2 connector, but dont require a u.2 connection to work. Like the "SDLL1MLR-038T-CDA1"
  7. K

DotHill AssuredSAN DBB Ultra 48 Bay

for how rare they are the price they go for, its probably not worth it.
  8. K

IBM V7000 G2

when it came to the Gen1 differant chassis were needed for differant controllers. https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/flashsystem-7x00/8.4.x?topic=r-control-enclosure-hardware-components-gen2gen2 you may want to look up the part number of the chassis and compare it to the controllers
  9. K

IBM V7000 G2

error 503 is incorrect enclosure
  10. K

Updating the HGST HDD & SSD firmware

has anyone come across 7J0 fw for the HUH728080AL5201 ?
  11. K

IBM LTO 5 standalone drive in TS3100 Tape Library?

you would need to be able to edit the vpd, which isnt easily done. also the dip switch on the bottom of the drive needs changing.
  12. K

HP MSL2024 Encryption Lock

did you try 8 zeroes or 42311324 as the password?
  13. K

Whats the deal with U.2 enterprise SSDs selling so cheap?

the sooner they move on to U.3 the better.
  14. K

Powering SAS drives

sata power connector
  15. K

Need help on FC attached SAS/SATA/SSD JBOD

i dont think a 8GB FC shelf exists. pretty sure they stopped at 4GB
  16. K

Disk issue within event viewer

i have tried many drivers amd firmware. originally the temps were an issue but i have fans on the cards so thet average 40-45 disks, i have tested thousands and get this issue. i only just noticed the issue after installing a new system and forgetting to install AV. After installing AV i still...