Search results

1. S

Mix 10G 2.5G, slow speed, high Retr

Marvell recently EOL'd their old 88X3310P chip and released new 3610 chip (5nm). Quite a jump, should bring 1W of power consumption. They still making Aquantia chips as mainstream option, while 3610 will be the premium one.
  2. S

Awesome. So only buy Aquantia for SFP+ RJ45!
  3. S

Answered my own question. Aquantia chip in switches are available but very rare (pic are AQR813 from Zyxel switch). Same specs as AQR113, Aquantia designed the same "core" then just multiplied it based on how many ports needed.
  4. S

Also this question too
  5. S

The fact that Aquantia so ahead of the game they using 14nm for the chip, while 88X3310 and Broadcom still stuck at ancient 28nm :mad:
  6. S

Thanks for the datasheet you dugged out somewhere. Very useful :cool: Your module is using an older revision of the chip (B0). There is B1 now, I dont know what changed. Marvell still making these right now, no worry about running out. Shame that Aquantia didnt last longer, we could really have...
  7. S

A teardown is expected from you:p
  8. S

Also should I avoid switches that using those faulty Marvell chip? A lot of them using it, very rare used the Aquantia chip.
  9. S

I found the one using AQR113C. Direct from OEM. The rest are just rebrands from this. Unfortunately I dont have enough equipment on hand (no 10G NIC) to test the whole iperf range. It only available in China, no one outside selling it. Well cant compete with your customers, i guess...
  10. S

A little more details but I found on Linux kernel mailing list peoples making the driver for it said AQR113 also supports PAUSE. Just a tidbit. Either way I will get one as I have a distributor locally stock them, confirmed AQR113 based SFP. I can help some getting it too if they like.
  11. S

From what I gather, AQR113 seems to support PAUSE too, implies by NXP employees (search for "LS2088A SerDes XFI & 2.5G Query NXP" on Google, I cant link). Also there is an internal Aquantia doc (AN-N2103) describes the mechanism for rate adapting.
  12. S

AQC111U & Apple Silicon?

Marvell discontinued support for the chip (after they acquired Aquantia), its impossible to make it work. Even the current Linux driver are buggy. It works best on Windows IMHO. Realtek is developing a competing 5Gbe USB chipset (RTL8157), however there is no news about it and no product to be...
  13. S

sorry for reviving an old thread, but there are now 10G SFP+ module using the "latest" Aquantia chip AQR113C. Do you have any idea about it? Its cheap ~$50, but I dont know much about the quality. I hope it's equivalent to the AQS107.