Search results

1. B

CWWK i5-1235U 6 port i226 report

i didnt. the pc runs fine with fta's modded bios. i see no need to upgrade if i dont have any issues.
  2. B

the second one is not a command. its a line you add to crontab. use crontab -e and add the line (i assume you know how vi works?). if you dont, you use the cursor keys to go where you want to add the line (it should be empty besides commented out lines), press "i" to insert, paste in the line...
  3. B

can you show me the output of lsblk? the first command throws an error that sda doesnt exist. or did you execute it twice to get the output for this forum? otherwise the commands look ok. if everything works correctly you should see the base io delay drop immediately my at least 1 %
  4. B

AliExpress SAS3 SFF-8644\SFF-8643 cards?

ah, now i see what you mean. unfortunately i have zero experience with these. i dont see why they wouldnt work though. they contain zero electronics. its basically just a pcb with 2 different connector types on each side. not much that cant work there unless they wired it wrong :)
  5. B

AliExpress SAS3 SFF-8644\SFF-8643 cards?

do you have any link for the ones you specify? this sounds suspiciously like sata controllers with sff connectors instead of sata connectors.
  6. B

yes i mean this cable. the device should have 2 such cables included. the issue is primarily visible with zfs, due to the nature of how it works. on other filesystems such als lvm (with ext4) or btrfs or xfs this should be much less of a concern. but be advised that in terms of data integrity...
  7. B

the unit has 2 sata ports on the mainboard and comes with 2 sata cables that fit those ports. the ssds themselves dont both fit internally, so i placed them unter the computer. here is a picture:
  8. B

i have a topton unit with pentium 8505, so the smallest version. it has 64GB noname china ram. i have 1 1TB nvme drive (fanxiang s500pro noname consumer ssd) installed, which is formatted as xfs and is exclusively for my media data for my plex container. i also have 2 enterprise sata ssd...
  9. B

turn off the internal sd-card reader. it introduces 1-2% of io delay for no reason. you can find it with lsblck if you dont have any sata-drives in the system its most likely /dev/sda. if there are sata drives in the system it will be something else. the command to disable it until reboot is...
  10. B

i would definitely contact support. tell them, that it was working for a short time and then stopped. i would tell them the symptoms it has now and ask for help. edit: without telling them you bricked it with bios update of course ;)
  11. B

i dont think so. cwwk said it would not work here.
  12. B

thats true. my hope was that the reflashing of the bios brings video output back.
  13. B

you can remove all disks from the machine and connect only the bootable usb stick with the bios on it. the machine should boot from it and do its thing (if it actually boots).
  14. B

im not sure if all the units necessarily beep. i think we had a few people in this thread where the unit doesnt even have the piezo-speaker. i do not remember hearing any clicking when powering it on though. the powering on thing is a setting in the bios as far as i remember (something about...
  15. B

the reason why im asking for usb linux is that if it boots (even without any display) it should draw an ip address from an existing dhcp server. that would tell us at least if just the display output is broken or if the whole thing really doesnt do anything anymore. if just the display is...
  16. B

what hardware components are installed in the pc right now? can you remove everything besides 1 memory module and 1 nvme-disk (in case you had multiple other disks)? you can also test if the pc responds differently without any memory. the beeping should change (though i never tried that with...
  17. B

yeah give the display port a try. usb-c is also displayport, so you could try a usb-c to displayport adapter. but maybe displayport will already give a picture otherwise the response of the computer seems to be normal.
  18. B

thats definitely long enough. does it do anything when you turn it on (beeping or anything else)? do you have the option to connect a display via the usb-c port and see if it responds there?
  19. B

i have never heard of it actually failing. for whatever reason after a bios update this pc needs a little eternity to boot afterwards. how long did you let it sit after the update?
  20. B

i will install mint next and use the usb ssd as boot drive for the vm. lets see how it handles that. oh by the way what proxmox version are you running? im on 8.1 with the latest updates. edit: installed mint on the usb drive inside the vm and ran the same test again (except this time with...