Search results

1. I

SRX300 config help - dual ISP fail over with ISP DHCP client interfaces

I see, it is rather unusual, in this case maybe you can use event-options to change the route tables or execute specific command? SRX Event Options (https://www.reddit.com/r/Juniper/comments/us9rqo/event_options/) Events on an SRX...
  2. I

SRX300 config help - dual ISP fail over with ISP DHCP client interfaces

I think you can use actions based on the ip-monitoring result, i.e. set services ip-monitoring policy Test-ISP1 then preferred-route route 0.0.0.0/0 next-hop ISP2-GW set services ip-monitoring policy Test-ISP2 then preferred-route route 0.0.0.0/0 next-hop ISP1-GW
  3. I

Ruckus ZoneDirector 1200 & Pair Of R610 APs - Upgrading Software

Thanks a lot about this confirmation, I have one ZD1200 at home which showed the same behaviour (two solid green lights) and tried everything I could think of but couldn't find a fix, so I just bought a new (used) one. Do you know of any way to fix it at all, even if it involves dismantling...
  4. I

STP behaviour question

Okay, so I did a quick test setup and it seems to be working. I used 1 SX6036 and 2 Cisco C3750E switches, all having VLAN 222 tagged and connected in between as follows: C3750E-A, Te1/0/1 => C3750E-B, Te1/0/1 SX6036, Eth1/1 => C3750E-A, Te1/0/2 SX6036, Eth1/2 => C3750E-B, Te1/0/2 Here is the...
  5. I

Cisco ONS 15800 (DWDM)

DWDM is a method of transporting multiple "links" over single fiber cable using different wavelengths. Basically you use specific SFP modules, each of which is working on a different wavelength (lambda), then insert all of these signals in a single (simplex or duplex) fiber link using a device...
  6. I

STP behaviour question

Can you try with MSTP on all devices? If I find some time tonight I can try this at home and will report back. Configuration on the SX6036 should be something similar to (according to this archived document): switch (config)# interface ethernet 1/1 switchport mode trunk switch (config)#...
  7. I

EXPIRED Mellanox SX6036 36ports QSFP €150

@Joqur, thank you for the confirmation, CPU load seems to be about the same on your device, so it should be normal behaviour. @hmartin, as others have said, the power consumption is about 40-50 Watts (as reported from the UPS and mostly idle, with 1-2 transceivers connected).
  8. I

I followed the whole upgrade path, unfortunately it did not help with the CPU load that I am seeing (with no connected ports, only the MGMT process is active): switch-xxxxxx [standalone: master] # show version Product name: MLNX-OS Product release: 3.6.8010 Build ID: #1-dev...
  9. I

That is what I did on my first switch (just upload the latest version via web GUI) and it was much, much faster :) It's just that it seems to be running under high CPU load (about 2.5 all the time) and I can't find the reason, so I decided to follow the upgrade procedure for the second one and...
  10. I

If this will help anyone, here is what I did to upgrade the switch (mine came with 3.5.1006) to the latest version (3.6.8008). 1) First you should go to Drivers & Software - HPE Support Center. (under tab "Installation Instructions") and check what should be the correct upgrade path according to...
  11. I

Help with Connectx-3 back-to-back using FS QSFP-BD-40G

According to this post on Mellanox forum, only ConnectX-4 (and above?) supports BiDi optics, as ConnectX-3 provides a maximum of 1.5 Watts. The CX-4 release notes says that "QSFP-40G-SR-BD (Cisco 40GBASE-SR-BiDi, duplex MMF)" is supported, but no mention for single mode optics. Such info is...
  12. I

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Well, you already received information from @arglebargle, I can also confirm these NetApp QSFP SAS cables are working great as a DAC. Just received my switches, flashed and set them up (thank you, @fohdeesha!), then did the tests below. My test topology is: Linux Ubuntu 16.04 Server (Mellanox...
  13. I

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I was also wondering this, so thank you for asking - it made me go find a spare cable and test. For the moment I just tried to loop the two ports of the only 40 GbE device I currently have (Mellanox ConnectX-3 card) with NetApp QSFP-QSFP 2m/6ft SAS cable (P/N: 112-00177) and at least the...
  14. I

Flashing Bios/IPMI with HW flasher

Ahh, yes, sorry about that: 1. In my case it is IPMI bios (the control board is CSE-PTJBOD-CB3 so it is basically IPMI only). There shouldn't be any difference apart from the different ROM image, the chip is the same. 2. I think that it might work with pin2 still connected to the board, but...
  15. I

While still waiting for the replacement chips to arrive from China I decided to flash my board (either way it is not working, so nothing to lose :) ). You can review the information provided at The technique for Gamesharing on PS4 - G3ar (at least for the hardware connections), for the flash I...
  16. I

If you are willing to wait a few more days (or rather a week or two) I can try to confirm if it is possible to program the original chip while still soldered and provide the steps for flashing the IPMI using RPi if this method works (and anyway you will need to carefully solder a few wires or...
  17. I

UART connector pinout/adapter for Supermicro SAS backplanes?

I would be very interested in this too, unfortunately my backplane (BPN-SAS2-826EL1) is at least two weeks away so I won't be able to research it myself. My guess is that the levels are 3.3V. Yesterday I read found this too: Super Micro Computer, Inc. - FAQ Entry and from what I understand it...