Search results

1. C

CWWK i5-1235U 6 port i226 report

Great work, thanks! Beware that this BIOS has limited values for option Package C State Limit, if I remember correctly it only has C1 (no deeper states C2, C3, ... C8, C10). Which could mean C states would still be limited to C1 in pfSense (don't know how this would react in for example Linux)...
  2. C

I am finally able to use both SpeedShift and C states in pfSense! Which allows me to reach the maximum specified turbo speeds on all cores. I did some research with the tools fta provided. I took the fta's "HWP On" BIOS and tweaked it a little. Then I created a new BIOS. Reflashed and now I...
  3. C

I am finally able to reach the specified turbo speeds. I disabled one P-core (set 1 active P-core instead of all). Now I see the frequencies I expected to see. sysctl -a dev.cpu | grep 'freq:' dev.cpu.9.freq: 3583 dev.cpu.8.freq: 3583 dev.cpu.7.freq: 3583 dev.cpu.6.freq: 3583 dev.cpu.5.freq...
  4. C

Hi, I just had to use re-adjust boot order using F11 when the CWWK logo is shown. Thereby confirming that it is working. I was tweaking with the BIOS and didn’t have the menu anymore in which you can set the boot order the regular way.
  5. C

How did you manage getting the P-cores and E-cores reach their specified max turbo frequency of your Intel 8505?! You first readings show P-cores 0..1 at ~4.4GHz and E-cores 2..5 at ~3.3GHz. If I kindly may ask, what is the output when performing following commands? sysctl -a dev.cpu | grep cx...
  6. C

I re-flashed using your "HWP On" BIOS again. Then tried to enable the C states option without flashing a modded BIOS according to this manual using this command: setup_var_cv CpuSetup 0x14 0x1 0x1 (the C states option resides in VarStoreId 0x2 which is CpuSetup) Unfortunately I got...
  7. C

Thanks for your reply and search result. I guess FreeBSD is strongly limited opposed to Linux. Indeed, my tests in Ubuntu were fine and as expected also. Would it be possible to re-create the "HWP On" BIOS with C states option exposed, or default set to Enabled (or both)? (I did look into your...
  8. C

I installed latest BIOS CW-MBX-AD12 2023-06-08 from ChangWang and see there's an option C states, which I set to Enabled. After running sysctl dev.cpu | grep cx I get this: dev.cpu.11.cx_method: C1/mwait/hwc C2/mwait/hwc C3/mwait/hwc dev.cpu.11.cx_usage_counters: 241 1240 3234...
  9. C

Thanks for the support. Just to be sure I didn't accidentally changed a setting that would be effecting C-states, I reset the BIOS to default settings (still using your 'HWP On' BIOS ) and re-checked. It still states: cx_supported: C1/1/0. I don't understand, whatever I try I see no change...
  10. C

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried but unfortunately it didn't work. I set it to C10 and rebooted, but no change in frequencies. I also deleted the system tunable completely and rebooted, same result. sysctl -a dev.cpu | grep 'freq_levels\|freq' dev.cpu.11.freq_levels: 2688/-1...
  11. C

Installed pfSense 2.7 this weekend. Working fine with the I226 nics indeed! Used the settings for pfSense (and BIOS) mentioned by iceman_jkh. But I don't get expected results, or maybe my expectations are wrong. My expectations are: when idle the CPU frequencies would be low, like <1000 MHz and...
  12. C

Your Intel i5-1240P should indeed be able to boost to 4.4GHz. Your actions look OK to me. Did you see any thermal throttling? In summary, I did these steps: Repaste the heatsink Tighten screws for better contact on the heatstink Installed a heatsink on top of the SSD (that will not make any...
  13. C

Anyone an idea where to find the option in BIOS to switch off USB power when shutdown? Tried several options, but didn’t work.
  14. C

I recently bought a new power adapter to replace the Dajing that came with the package. The Dajing adapter would be perfectly fine, but still don't trust it 100%. I don't want any risk when this unit will be running 24/7. Also installed a SSD heatsink that finally fits. I couldn't use the four...
  15. C

Link to new bios update with Google translate.
  16. C

Nice support from CWWK indeed. While having more performance with the 1240P over the 1235U, it doesn't bother you it has an higher TDP (28W vs 15W)?
  17. C

Why not ditch the M.2 WiFi expansion card, and use the M.2 NVMe x4 socket (see picture, marked red)? That way you get the speeds you want. About installing the heatsink, in the package I can see two white rubber bands that you'll be needing to apply the heatsink. Here an instruction video for...
  18. C

Thanks for the suggestions. Indeed, don’t want the risk. I’ve been looking at the GST90A15-P1M but it’s output is 6A. Whereas my current is at 8A. Maybe a complete n00b question, but shouldn’t it be equal or more (the replacing power supply)?
  19. C

I've been watching this thread from the beginning, and it's really been helpful. Thanks to @fta for the HWP BIOS, and everyone responding with their findings and benchmarks! Thanks @Patrick for the review. Now I feel like it's my turn to share my experience, and maybe I can help others...