Search results

1. C

Sanity Check - High Performance Gaming VM

I will report back if I run into any issues, but so far, none whatsoever regarding Steam on a VM.
  2. C

Sanity Check - High Performance Gaming VM

I just recently dipped my toe into in-house game streaming. So far, things have been excellent. I have not been able to test remotely (outside of my house), but I'm using Steam exclusively for Dark Souls, Cities: Skylines, AoE2HD, and Starcraft 2. My pertinent host config: Xeon E3-1230 v3...
  3. C

FT/FS:X10SDV-7TP4F

Congrats! Thanks for updating the thread.
  4. C

FT/FS:X10SDV-7TP4F

Is this still available?
  5. C

FINAL Bachelor Build - Xeon D vSAN Cluster

Did you choose this board over the X10SDV-7TP4F (Supermicro X10SDV-7TP4F Embedded Processor) purely because of clock speed? TIA for answering my asinine questions. I'm ready to build my next node and use my existing node to stream games haha.
  6. C

My 27u is in! I have more questions about that case -- have you considered using 2.5" SSDs in any of those trayless slots? I'm trying to decide between the 3U and 4U case; with 4Us, I could devote a bank to SSDs for slog duties or whatever. I couldn't find any information on whether or not...
  7. C

I've followed your build from *several* different sources and I'm curious about two things The rack -- can you take it apart? Is the iStarUSA M-4160-ATX really worth it? It seems very pricey but I need ultra-quiet ATX power supplies! I have a wiring closet that is connected to a guest...
  8. C

Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

Thanks Patrick! Long-time lurker and my first post was a bit aggressive so thanks for offering some clarification ahead of the formal review.
  9. C

Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

So it is your opinion that we will see lower prices? The X10SDV-4C-TLN2F is in stock at NewEgg right now for $699. Such a high cost of entry for a home-lab'er.