Search results

1. F

Bare-metal, single node iSCSI SAN software with web-based UI that doesn't use ZFS, costs nothing and is actively developed

I know this might not be the pure bare-metal way you're trying to configure that, but you can use StarWind VSAN for free with Proxmox: Configuration Guide for Proxmox: StarWind VSAN - Resource Library.
  2. F

Mellanox ConnectX-3 VPI RDMA extremely intermittent connection and drops on both ethernet and Infiniband

You can try to configure the TCP connection and test it by iPerf. If the results are fine then it seems to be the problem on the RDMA level. In this case, check out drivers or firmware. If the results are not fine then you need to fix the cord, network card, or transceiver.
  3. F

Storage Spaces Direct poor write performance -- drives claim to have PLP

I can confirm, that changing the FirstBurstLenght value dramatically improved my file transfer performance. In addition, OP can check if Starwind folders with disks are excluded on the level of antivirus/defender.
  4. F

Software SAN vs M3600i

We have a lot of customers with Starwind VSAN HA software, most of them are Dell shops. So far, It is a pretty solid solution with a decent support team, which helps to deploy the initial configuration.