Search results

1. M

SM H12 New BIOS and IPMI Released

wdk1190, I am now running BIOS v2.7 and no issues to report. All temps/fan readings are reported correctly in the BMC.
  2. M

Will be monitoring this thread closely... Hopefully Supermicro adds REBAR support for the H12DSi as well.
  3. M

I can confirm new BMC firmware 1.01.25 and new BIOS v2.6 fixed the issue with the VRM sensors not reading correctly on my H12DSi-N6.
  4. M

For anyone with H12DSi-N6/NT6 there is a bug in the new BIOS/BMC firmware (v2.6/1.01.24) where the VRM sensors for NIC Temp, CPU2_VRMIN Temp, SOC2_VRMIN Temp, P2_VRMABCD Temp, and P2_VRMEFGH Temp show N/A. The PM at Supermicro is aware of the issue and will be submitting a new BIOS/BMC...
  5. M

Supermicro H12SSL-i, H12SSL-C, H12SSL-NT, H12SSL-CT boards - notes, experiences

As per the manual "Important: Use a torque screwdriver, set it at 16.1 kgf-cm (14.0 lbf-in) with a Torx T20 screw head bit, to prevent damage to the CPU" The T20 screwdriver that I linked is set to 14.0 lbf-in and will click when it hits the correct torque. As for the RAM, especially...
  6. M

Obstringo, Some of things you could try: 1. Re-seat CPU using proper AMD Threadripper torque screwdriver: Threadripper T20 Torque Screwdriver 2. Check your RAM type to the Supermicro QVL list found here: Supermicro H11SSL-i (Links & Resources -> Tested Memory List) 3. For 7001 Epyc series...
  7. M

dnb, I am using power supply (PWS-1K25P-PQ) in a Supermicro SC743-TQ-1200B-SQ chassis. Connected to smbus and visible in the BMC. You may want to do a reset on the BMC. I've had to do that on a few different occasions. System Specs: Motherboard: H12DSi-N6 RAM: 128GB of Hynix...
  8. M

Avoid Samsung 980 and 990 with Windows Server

Looks like there are firmware issues with both the 980 & 990 Pro. If running 980 Pro, need to update to 5B2QGXA7 ASAP: Tom's Hardware NAS Compares
  9. M

sm H12SSL-i - stuck on PCI Enumeration only on warm reboot / restart (cold power up FINE)

james23, Are you running DDR4 1.2v 3200 ECC? H12SSL-i doesn't officially support anything lower than that.
  10. M

Supermicro Epyc motherboards - list of graphics cards that work - I need help to make a list

First post here, so hi everyone! H12DSi-N6 + 1080 Ti and Titan Xp no issues (BIOS v2.4).