Search results

1. H

EU Gigabyte Mainboard MC12-LE0 Re1.0 AMD B550 AM4 Ryzen

That's impressive. What OS? Can you run Turbostat and check the package Power? Seems like the ACQ107 truly does have good deep sleep/low idle power.
  2. H

Best WAP right now that is not super over priced with modern tech (Wifi 6e or 7)

Sup dude. How's going? I've used a Netgear r6400 for the longest time, as it had pretty good WiFi performance. Recently I've upgraded to a Banana pi BPI-R3 for my router as it runs OpenWRT and has 2x SFP ports for 2.5gbits. But I'm kinda astonished by the WiFi performance of that thingy. It has...
  3. H

Cheap Interesting Chinese 4x2.5g, 2x10G switch, (but also problems with DACs)

Bought it and got it with Firmware 1.7 from 31 october 2023. ZX-SWTG124AS Funny thing is that the user Manual says "Shenzhen hongyavision technology co.,Ltd. Probably the same for all those rebranded switches? ^^
  4. H

Horaco 2.5GbE Managed Switch (8 x 2.5GbE + 1 10Gb SFP+)

SFP+ to RJ45 Adapter is a DAC right? Because that uses copper Ethernet Wires.
  5. H

Yeah, and that someone here stated that "most of the boards are similar" with similar problems. Which makes sense in my opinion as most of those are simply rebrands or copies of a reference design. I've bought one of the managed Horaco switches and will give it a try :)
  6. H

That one also claims DAC compatibility. Rj45 transceiver.
  7. H

There is now a Managed 4+2Port edition out. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006278753506.html @kevindd992002 you might want to change the topic title to include 8Port?
  8. H

Was kinda astonished when I saw the 38.- price on this thingy. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006082502318.html Thought that would be future proof for 10gb direct cable from NAS to Switch and Switch to PC. But right now I only need 1x 2.5gbe for PC and 4x 1gbe. So I planned on using the...
  9. H

Storaxa kickstarter - an interesting small NAS

You COULD ask them if they know Storaxa.....
  10. H

Update 4 is out. Including a Survey for Backers! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/storaxa/fully-customizable-home-cloud-storage-with-remote-access-nas/posts/3713079
  11. H

Try searching for users with the N5095 or N5105 which are pretty much the same CPU but more widely used.
  12. H

Any Questions you have about the Team or the Project can now be asked and they will answer them. So if you think this is a scam because of XYZ now is your chance to get answers...
  13. H

I wouldn't call it a scam outright. Rather fishy. But I do think it's technically possible to make it feasible in that price! First off we're not buying 5 or 10 devices but over 500. That will greatly reduce costs. Second. Prices are not going up but down. Only GPU prices are increasing all...
  14. H

Put my old NAS at my Parents place.... offshore backup ;) P.S they have a specially modified Mainboard made for them. And MoQ for the AMD Ryzen 5825U with ECC Support would be 500
  15. H

Hello, Seeing as One PCI-E 3.0 Lane does 1Gybte/s you could saturate around 3 2.5GbE Ports with that. As a NAS there are usecases where 4 people want to download Stuff from storage fast... if it's saved on NVME. via SATA HDD Raid you're not gonna get that 1.25Gbyte/s to max out 4x 2.5GbE ports...