Search results

1. N

Esxi free is dead. Alternative?

What are you guys going to be using for aio?
  2. N

What's hammering my pool?

Something has been has been hammering the pool today with io for a few hours. Can't seem to determine what it is. I ran iotop script, supposedly pid 261 is the culprit. But that pid is the pool itself? Confused. Anyone has any idea? Thanks
  3. N

SMB Becomes inaccessible after a few weeks of uptime

Hi, I have an AIO which runs OmniOS r151544, on ESXI 8. I'm having an issue where after a while SMB becomes inaccessible until a reboot is performed. This is what I see in the console. I have recently upgraded the server hardware if it has any relevance. The issue never happend before. Does...
  4. N

Move data from iscsi lun to vmdk on nfs volume

Hi, Per my previous thread, to avoid starting / stopping the mechanicals so much and keep the power consumption low, I created a NVME mirror. The guest OS currently resides on the mechanicals on a iscsi lun. Any suggestion what would be the best way to move them to a VMDK on a nfs share? I used...
  5. N

NVME passthrough on ASROCK B550D4U ESXI

Hi, Anyone has any idea or success passing through the NVME slots on the motherboard through ESXI? Just greyed out and shown as incapable.
  6. N

High Start / Stop count

Hi, Any idea why the drives would have such a high start / stop count?
  7. N

MicroATX All in one zfs upgrade

Hi, I currently run a home server since 2014, based on a SuperMicro X10SLL+-F and a Xeon E3-1230v3. Running ESXI 7, hosting an OmniOS guest for ZFS and a Windows OS for applications. Everything has been running silky smooth with close to 0 maintenance or problems during software upgrades. As...