Search results

1. E

Any (free) Hypervisors That Can Bridge NICs In The VSwitch?

I've been running OPNSense on ESXi for over a year now, I know it's possible. What isn't possible is creating a bridge that is visible to VMs and physically connected devices on the same subnet. OPNSense cannot bridge multiple virtual NICs and the free version of ESXi will not allow you to...
  2. E

As I stated, I did get it working in Proxmox but the performance was not acceptable. And yes, you are correct, I want to use these ports as a switch as one would do with any firewall / router that has a WAN interface and a group of ports dedicated to the private LAN. Sometimes, the academics of...
  3. E

Hardware: 4 port 2.5G on-board NICS (Intel i225V) - fanless box with an N5015 CPU, 32 Gigs RAM, 1TB SSD Storage. Firewall: OPNSense (virtualized) Desired Config: Three ports are assigned to a single bridge. Each virtual NIC is connected to that bridge, including the management vNet. The...
  4. E

How do I PROPERLY configure an N5015 device with ESXi and OPNSense?

So I was able to get it working using passthru as you suggested, but that ultimately defeats the config I was hoping to achieve where I could also share those NICs with other VMs on the host... I decided instead to just have the NICs provided to OPNSense as virtual NICs where I assign a...
  5. E

This is what I've done. By making the vSwitches and Port Groups, I was able to pass all four NICs on to OPNSense without any issues. I shouldn't have to get into VLANing in ESX to do this ... though I thought I could make my bridge using a single vSwitch on the ESX side, which I did try, by...
  6. E

Hello, So I bought from Ali Express, one of the N5105 fanless boxes - bare bones model then I got 32 gigs of RAM and a 1TB SSD from Amazon - total cost out the door less than $300. I've installed ESXi as the booting OS, then I installed OPNSense in a VM, and I have it properly working and...