Search results

1. W

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Update from my earlier post about the loud ICX 6450-48 (NO PoE) fan. I bought this Sunon fan (MB40201V2) and it's working well and while it's not dead silent, it's a HUGE improvement over the stock fan and I'm pretty happy with it. Thermals still look solid (increase of 3 C). I would like to...
  2. W

Oh man, that really sucks. I don't really want to return it cause I have to pay shipping and this thing is massive/heavy, so shipping is gonna be quite a bit.
  3. W

Nope. It screams right from the get-go all the way. I looked at the temperatures and the fan state, it's already at 1 and way below the threshold temperature. It's just loud by default, it seems.
  4. W

Hi, I just got the Brocade ICX 6450-48 and it's working great so far, but I do have one problem. It is annoyingly loud, which puzzled me because the OP said that the one fan is supposed to be nearly silent, but mine sounds like a jet engine. Is there any set of commands I can do to throttle this...
  5. W

Budget entry-level router for 2023?

Oh wow, this is even better. Question on the vPro since I've never used it before. How is that different from regular IPMI?
  6. W

Thanks! That sounds exactly like what I'm looking for! I would probably get the extended since I like to have the flexibility to add in a PCIe card if need be.
  7. W

Ah yeah forgot about that. Thanks for pointing that out. The rest of my gear is also fanless (old Asus routers repurposed to access points/switches). I'm not one of those people that have enterprise 48-port switches and have no need/want for those either. Just want a simple (fast enough)...
  8. W

Ah thank you for the clarification. Is Topton a better brand than the random non-branded ones? Ah, I think I don't need 1G with VPN as long as it does basic routing/firewall at 1G, that's enough for me. Especially with 7W power draw.
  9. W

I'm not familiar with these small systems. Do they take DDR4 SODIMM? Also, what kind of SSD does it take? Is it one of those M.2 NVMe SSD's? Doesn't the Wyse 5070 come with Realtek NIC? Does it have a PCIe slot for an add-on card? Also, I'm not familiar with OpenWRT. My last experience was over...
  10. W

What's the best pfSense/OPNsense box to get in 2023 around ~$150 these days? My requirements are: Fanless preferrably, but I can live with a little quiet fan. 1G basic routing/firewall and maybe around 700 Mbps VPN. I don't need SNORT/Suricata, fancy rules, etc. Used gear is fine. 2x Intel...
  11. W

Help! Infinite boot loop on Supermicro X11SPi-TF

Quick update. I have now successfully updated the firmware on the HP H220 card to LSI stock P20 and it now boots under legacy without locking up the system. Thank you all for the help. This would not have been possible without the help of this forum.
  12. W

Haven't done that yet. Still running original firmware that came with the card (HP version 13). I was trying to avoid that cause of you know, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". But seems like in this case, it is broke. I just hope I'm not going to brick it cause it sounds like some special...
  13. W

For reference, the board I'm trying to boot is a Supermicro X11. You're correct though, the Asus board I tested on works just fine. Also, setting the OPROM to EFI did the trick and it let me boot. However, it seems that while I can install to the disk, the board doesn't seem to be able to boot...
  14. W

OMG, thanks a lot! This sounds like it could be the issue. I'm going to try that out.
  15. W

I don't think so. I'm able to boot in either mode without the HBA card plugged in.
  16. W

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I have a Supermicro X11SPi-TF with Xeon Silver 4210T. However, as soon as I plug in my HP H220 (LSI 9205-8i) controller card without even any drives plugged in to it. It's able to get past the initial POST, but refuses to boot to anything...