Search results

1. E

Mellanox 455A suddenly shutting down - time to re-paste?

the heatsink is oriented front-back, i tried removing it to rotate 90 degrees but these plastic clips keep snapping back, i'm sure there is a trick
  2. E

What's the top and bottom of the card?
  3. E

It just happened mid transfer, the green light gone. The gig lan took over at a leisurely 1/50th speed. I'm sure it logs an error in such case, where is it on windows? This NIC gets toasty when doing a 16 thread robocopy and I've read that past 100C it'll turn off so maybe that's what happened...
  4. E

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations - RDMA

does that mean read from a server share will be at line speed but writing to it from windows workstation won't?
  5. E

Mellanox WinOF powershell cmdlets not working in Windows 10 (ConnectX-3 SMB Direct/RDMA)

Thanks for telling me. I'll abandon that. The amusing thing is when I activated the workstation license the performance halved, went from copy at 1.6GB/s and direct transfer at 6GB/s to 500MB/s I'll re install windows on both machines and call it a day. note: when I disabled then enabled SMB...
  6. E

Mellanox WinOF powershell cmdlets not working in Windows 10 (ConnectX-3 SMB Direct/RDMA)

Necroing this great thread, thank you everyone for your help. First, a reply to someone who wasn't seeing the RDMA stats: click on this button twice I followed both tutos but still not working, I might need your sets of eyes to see what I am missing window guarden's tests on both machines...
  7. E

100gbe mellanox with 60% loss - how to diagnose?

The other DAC arrived. Loss by 15%. Bending the new cable a certain way increases loss further. The first one was immune to bending loss. So cable explains a bit of the loss, but not the assymetry between up/down and since both machines run the same OS, things could be hardware related. One...
  8. E

Alright i ordered two cables: one twinax from another vendor and an AOC.
  9. E

I finally got these two machines to talk and it's fast, but so far it's only 15gbe fast. Windows 10 both, both with Mellanox 455a. On the server the NIC is on a x16 gen3 and on the other the 455 is on a x8 (gen5 going to waste) because that's the best that z790 can offer. In any case 60gbe is...
  10. E

NAS OS for NVME-OF and/or 100GbE

Timeline can be 4 or 5 video tracks deep and over 20 audio tracks deep so that's well north of 2GB/s. The few gen3 m.2 I have should be fine if striped. But before I get to RAID-ing these I'm gathering intel, like now. ZFS Snapshot backup looks like RAID 0+1, what's the benefit of each? It seems...
  11. E

on what? biggest factor after file size.
  12. E

Does that mean ZFS is terrible for video editing?