Search results

1. G

S2600cp2 - server booted up a couple times now doesn't. No errors that i can see.

So far iv got it working again. It's booting into 2012, Im not a fan of the old windows but it'll still work for me. I cleared CMOS, formatted drives to 2012. Did all the updates and it seems to be working. I left hyper v off just in case. I'll test it out later to see if it breaks anything.
  2. G

S2600cp2 - server booted up a couple times now doesn't. No errors that i can see.

So did some digging and it might be an issue with hyper V, with the new windows install on old hardware. Not sure but im going to try to install windows server 2012, and honestly not turn on hyper v, its not something im going to use right away.
  3. G

Ok well i currently cant boot and cant get to bios. It just loads some test and the board name and other info and stays there. Get beeps and nothing happens. Pulled memory and added them 1 stick only at a time and tried each one all the same. :( i only have the 1 server so no way to test the...
  4. G

Would going back to Windows 2012 really have a negative effect? Besides the security patches which I don't care for to much. I also don't understand what my os is would stop me from booting. I also do not have other memory, I can try removing sticks and seeing how long it would and kinda...
  5. G

And where back! So its boots up sometimes but im getting 5 beeps and a bunch of error lights, tried to look them up but the combo doesn't seem to make sense... God we were so close... Can anyone tell me what these mean?
  6. G

I still have way too much to learn and figure out. I'm going to try to setup pfsense on a VM to go straight from my modem in bridge to the server.
  7. G

Ok a quick cmos clear and setup and it seems to have found everything again! BOYS We back in windows!! :D It's been months but im so glad this thing isn't dead !!! RolloZ170 You are a god. Without your help i was done for man. ty <3
  8. G

OK! We are on track :D Bio's updated to the current version. Its booting no issues and i got both cpu running! Other issue now, is im having issues getting to the built in raid controller, its not seeing the drives and i cant get back to the raid config. :( I set it to enhanced and to use...
  9. G

How do I find that firmware that's not off some random download site?
  10. G

OK BOYS! I went back to the orginal setup and i got to bios. I assume possibly the cpu wasn't sitting the best? thats my best guess. Now i want to update the bios to use the new cpu's but im worried itll die again T_T current version is : se5c600 86b 01 06 0002 i saw need to go in order from...
  11. G

i re connected all the psu connections and it powers everything just fine, the jumpers are all default. even with no cpu in or ram, i should be able to get the bios right? i feel like its bugging out for some reason. if i cant get to bios than what ever is plugged in shouldn't matter?
  12. G

Im pretty decent at tech and computer stuff, This is just the first server iv gotten my hands on and it worked no issues, My guess is an update or something changed and messed it up. I do hope its not bricked, i normally dont use old hardware like this. If guys want me to try random stuff and...
  13. G

Thats a fair point if thats whats happaning. Since i did put windows on it and updated it. But i was running windows sever 2022, so idk if it will do that on their server stuff? Over all i could get to it to start before easily, than it stopped for abit, had to clear cmos twice to get it to...
  14. G

Not sure what BMC is but it won't even get to bios. How do you upgrade the firmware without that? :(
  15. G

hey got my hands on a S2600cp2 it was setup before and worked, it has 3 ram cards and had 1 cpu. It booted up to the orginal linux install, but i swapped the drives and put windows on it. It worked for a bit but than it wouldn't boot, i cleared cmos and it worked again and now its not...