Search results

1. D

Fujitsu TX1320 M3 - Cheap low power server (barebone)

I guess you can use several PCIe adapters with SSDs in them, can not see a reason why this would not work. (PCIe bifurcation most probably won't work, so no option). As for noise with only SSDs: Pretty quiet, but still perceptible if you are nearby as the fans will continue to run very slowly...
  2. D

All very good and valid questions. Just quickly: ad 1. yes ad 2. - You could just stick the ssds into the connectors (as they are quite light, nothing much is going to happen, really). Not exactly perfect but proven to work reliably. - Or get 3D printed caddies, see my post above for a...
  3. D

I am currently running about 10 LXC containers which are all mostly idling. I have 32 GB RAM installed, which is more than plenty for this, 16 GB would actually be totally fine (even just 8 GB could be made to work, I believe, but probably not recommended). Since zfs (which I use for the data...
  4. D

Hello and welcome! Provided you have updated the BIOS to the latest version (at least one of this year, I seem to remember - some more info on this topic to be found in this thread), your Xenon E3-1275 v5 will work. I have a E3-1270 v5 running without issues, so you should also be good. Just...
  5. D

If anybody wants to mount 2x 3,5" drives + 2x 2,5" drives in the drive bay, there is a 3d-printable cage on thingiverse: Fujitsu Primergy TX1320 M3 2x 3.5" cage by Chameloun Have not yet tried it myself as my printer is not large enough, but maybe someone else would like to give it a go? Please...
  6. D

For bare (i.e. non-redundant) network storage needs, you can also mount a single 3,5" drive in the bay near the power supply (only accessible from inside). It is a bit fiddly and you get only two screw holes and no vibrational decoupling from the case, but it works. I'm using a 12TB 3,5" disk...
  7. D

I see. Given you have the original caddy at hand, you probably have a much better chance at achieving a fully fitting design adaption. Maybe you could even re-create the forked end of the latch? Anyway, thank you for sharing your progress. :)
  8. D

Thanks for the update. Well, only thing I can say is that for me the design I had posted previously works absolutely fine. I have mounted several HDDs and SSDs in my machine without any issues, ever. The different latch seems to be a non-issue as far as I can tell and the SATA/power connection...
  9. D

Well, I am using PETG, too. If the caddies do not sit in the cage overly tight, maybe it does not matter all that much. But still, the lattice would be a concern for me. Effectively leaving just two small spots at the edges that might snap easily under load when pulling out the caddy (sometimes...
  10. D

Interesting. Curious to hear how your design is doing regarding overall rigidness, though. I would be really afraid that pulling out such a caddy might be prone to breaking the lattice, particularly if it fits somewhat tight (some of mine do). The hexagonal holes do print perfectly fine without...
  11. D

Yep, see here: post #175 of this thread
  12. D

Glad to hear you were successful! I am, however, slightly surprised you got an electrical connection, as I did not manage to connect any drives to the backplane (with the original design) because the screw holes appeared misplaced to achieve that (there was always still a substantial air gap of...
  13. D

I might chime in here, as I happen to have played a litte with one of these really nice little machines, too. Happy to share some takeaways, too: power consumption: 9W idle is the lowest I managed to get (proxmox/debian + powertop --auto-tune, just one SATA ssd). I doubt you can get any lower...