Search results

1. F

Beware of fake ConnectX-3 Pro (MCX312B-XCCT) from eBay

Thanks for the update. In fairness, I will correct my above statement from "selling only fake cards" to "selling mostly fake cards".
  2. F

My fake card was replaced with another fake card. So even those complaining won't necessarily get the thing they thought they were buying. And I say fake because I think the factory/labeling error theory doesn't line up. Why would there be these obvious solder marks on the U17 chip that stores...
  3. F

Still haven't removed the first card I received to check which chip I have. But the replacement has arrived today and there are no solder marks on U17 but the chip still reads ConnectX-3 (no Pro in sight). The laser etched markings are barely visible but I can decipher the MT27508A1 on the chip...
  4. F

This is the same seller I purchased my card from as well. So I'd assume it's a ConnectX-3 (non Pro) as well. Probably best to avoid this seller Let's see if they will simply send me another fake card for the replacement.
  5. F

Thanks for your reply! That's great that you have an authentic card for comparison. So I have the new card coming in the mail hopefully in a week or two. Once it's there I'll verify what it says and then pull out the other card to do a Scooby-Doo like reveal of who we're dealing with here.
  6. F

Contacted the seller and they will send a new card. Will report back whether that one comes unmodified.
  7. F

So just pulled the card out once more and it seems there has been some soldering going on with the U17 I2C EEPROM (top left of heatsink). So I guess this card would be considered "refurbished" but had incorrect VPD programmed. The rest of the card matches very closely what other CX312Bs look...
  8. F

Thanks for the input. It's much appreciated! @pdatabim, yes this is the firmware I tried flashing. I also downloaded the release that's already running on the card to do some checksumming to confirm it's the same firmware (as seen in my first post). So I managed to take some pictures of the...
  9. F

I purchased what supposedly is a MCX312B-XCCT from a Chinese eBay seller. When trying to upgrade the firmware (mlxfwmanager --online -u) I get an error message that apparently the hardware ID doesn't match the image: Fail : Device/Image mismatch: FW image file cannot be programmed to device...