Search results

1. B

Advice: R7 5800U or Intel N100 for low power virtualization server + advice on software stack

I have the Beelink N100 w/ Dual 2.5Gbe and it's a fantastic machine for under $200 and ~10W. You shouldn't have problems with any of that until you said Plex. Depending on how many concurrent users and if you are streaming original or you are transcoding will depend if you need something...
  2. B

Looking for mini pc with Dual 2.5g 32gb

I'm trying to find an upgrade from the Beelink N100 mini pc. I want to get three for a proxmox cluster. Ideally, I want the following: * Dual 2.5Gbe (ideally 226) * 32GB Ram * 1TB NVME (more than one pci lane speed) * At least N305 speed, ideally amd I have a Beelink EQ12, but you can only...
  3. B

Network overhaul

I am looking to move to 2.5gbe firewall so I can take advantage of the higher internet speed. I currently have a 24 port 1G POE switch, with 2 10Gbit direct link between PC and NAS. I am going to need at least a 3rd high speed port, so I was thinking about putting a small 10g switch in the...
  4. B

Replacing FW6E for 2.5 gbe

I currently have a FW6E (5800U) which is more than enough for 1Gbps. I want to switch to a 2.5Gbe device, and I am not sure the N5105/N6005 will be enough, when I run a speed test I notice the CPU peaks around 15-23% which is roughly close to the max of the N5105 and N6005 is you compare...
  5. B

Replacing FW6E for 2.5 gbe

I got a FW6E just under a year, at the time I was looking for a 2.5 gbe device to have some future proofing but there wasn't a lot of options then. I realized I have 1.2Gbps internet not just 1Gbps recently so I was looking at a N5105 or N6005 4x2.5 Gbe unit to replace my FW6E OPNSense...
  6. B

Docker Compose organization

Trying to figure the best way to organize my setup. I have Proxmox running a TrueNAS VM. I am currently providing an NFS share to the Proxmox server which run an Ubuntu VM over NFS. This VM is dedicated to Docker containers and runs a few docker containers and portainer. I am trying to run all...