Search results

1. N

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

Thanks again for the suggestion Parallax - I bought a cheap package of M.2 standoffs and screws from Amazon and they seem to do the trick. The standoff-and-nut combination doesn't stay perfectly in place, but it's better than nothing at all and a much more affordable price than replacing the...
  2. N

Thanks Parallax - that seems like a good idea. I'm not sure if there's anything for the standoff to screw into though, is there? Or are there m.2 standoffs that you can buy that also have a matching washer/nut that can attach to the backside of the motherboard?
  3. N

Does anyone know where to buy the little blue plastic retaining clip that's used in lieu of a screw for the M.2 drive on the underside of the M720q (possibly other units as well)? I accidentally broke one of mine in the process of trying to get it open. Lenovo's part number for this is 01EF751...
  4. N

@joeribl hit the nail on the head with regards to why I'm doing this. :) I was hoping to avoid just attaching it to the top of the case because I know I will forget and remove the lid with too much zeal at some point in the future. I haven't run a real speed test (other than a quick hdparm -Tt...
  5. N

Hello all! I've been working on a small homelab using a few m720q units - firstly, let me say that this thread has been super helpful, so thanks to everyone that has contributed! I decided to add a second NVME drive to my m720q using one of these adapters which works perfectly fine - I'm...