Search results

1. H

SP3 Cooler in Supermicro 819U

I have fitted a H11DSU-iN into my 819U chassis now need to sort the 1U coolers. Only have experience using fan coolers. Is a passive cooler good enough for this? Supermicro fan snk-p0062p 1u h11 amd epyc 7000 sp3 cpu cooler | eBay - possible current option. I will be using high end TDP Rome...
  2. H

UK FS : Supermicro frankenstein / unicorn machines to make space

Supermicro SYS-F618H6-FTPT+ look good. Does SM offer these trays that support EPYC 7002/7003 in that chassis? Thinking of long term upgrades
  3. H

Proxmox identify cause of poor performance in Dual Socket system

NUMA nodes per socket is set to "Auto" Rebooted the VM again, seems to sometimes boot in a bad condition If it helps root@proxmoxhost3:~# numastat node0 node1 numa_hit 195958341659 214547960812 numa_miss 0...
  4. H

You took too long to type that out :) But thanks for the answer. Rebooting the VM gives great results, for how long I don't know, even without NUMA enabled I will try both. I still don't understand why the host machine has poor performance though. The result in the first post was taken from...
  5. H

Could this be an issue with NUMA not being enabled on each VM? Would not explain why the memory test still sucks on the Proxmox host itself though.
  6. H

I have a system with Supermicro H12DSi-N6 with 2x EPYC 7642 once the system starts going above 30% CPU usage in the overall graph I noticed a steep decrease in memory performance and the system feels sluggish overall. How can I identify what might be the cause? sysbench --test=memory...
  7. H

USA colocation questions

Most the ones I reached out to do that too but this one doesn't.
  8. H

USA colocation questions

I'm from the UK, planning on getting some cheap colocation hosting in USA soon. Have a few questions hope you guys can help me out with as this will be my first rack. Network stack plan is to use the following 2x Mikrotik CCR2116-12G-4S+ 2x Mikrotik CRS326-24S+2Q+RM 1x CRS326-24G-2S+RM (IPMI)...
  9. H

Gigabyte mz32-ar0 - Terrible performance if a PSU fails

Ok thank you both will leave it unplugged. The PSU are not being detected either way in IPMI
  10. H

What if I do not plug the PMBus cable in at all? Is there any major downsides
  11. H

What do you need from me to check compatibility?
  12. H

Removing the pmbus cable does fix this. I don't know how I can adjust the configuration you're talking about.
  13. H

I have an issue with my mz32-ar0 (rev3) inside a Supermicro 826. Tested this with multiple servers now after noticing. If I pull the plug on one of my 2 PSU (so that it buzzes loudly) the system starts to perform very slowly. These are Supermicro PWS-920P-SQ 920W so there is plenty of extra...
  14. H

Adaptec ASR71605 - "EfiBlockIOReadBlocks: LBA out of range"

Getting the following errors since I moved this to a new machine. EfiBlockIOReadBlocks: LBA out of range BlockIO-Command Failed What's the work around? Wont let me in BIOS
  15. H

Gigabyte BMC - "Correctable ECC / other correctable memory error" equivalent

What is the equivalent to Supermicro Health Event Log for "Correctable ECC / other correctable memory error @DIMMB2 - Assertion" in a Gigabyte BMC. I presume it's Logs & Reports - System Log done loads of testing was expecting to get at least one error somewhere.
  16. H

Fast DDR4 RAM options

Probably closer to this. I have a ASRock X570D4U Ryzen 5950X running 4x M391A4G43AB1-CWE Samsung 32GB DDR4 PC4-25600 3200MHz (clocked down to 2666) 32768.00 MiB transferred (15221.04 MiB/sec) General statistics: total time: 2.1523s total number of events...
  17. H

Fast DDR4 RAM options

I don't have 8 3200 so I can't confirm that. Speed difference with 4/8 2400/2933 is not much. They show correct frequency.
  18. H

Fast DDR4 RAM options

What RAM would you guys put in the following system MZ32-AR0 EPYC 7643 I bought a few SKhynix 64GB 2Rx4 PC4-2933Y-R83-12 HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM the performance isn't that much better than the Micron 32GB PC4-2400T-R RDIMM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 I had sysbench --test=memory --memory-block-size=4G...
  19. H

Gigabyte MZ32-AR0 in Supermicro chassis - No PSU detected + Front panel lights

@i386 @gb00s Do either of you know if TYAN s8036 would detect the PSU information? (Supermicro 826 chassis)